Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman cast for the Batman/Superman movie

Default Wonder Woman cast for the Batman/Superman movie

04 12 2013

Gal Gadot officially cast as Wonder Woman.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...an-vs-superman

Not sure yet about this. She'll probably have to buff up a wee bit but could surprise us all

Looking forward to this....it possibly paves the way for a JLA movie a la Avengers Assemble.

Nestor
    Last edited by P51D; 04-12-13 at 22:08.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P51D For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (07-12-13), Morpheus (09-12-13)

In terms of her face, she has the look of Wonder Woman... which is fantastic, because the face and costume are the most recognisable traits! She will need to bulk up, as everyone else involved will. Hope she does well

However, my beef is with the film itself. So far, we have Superman, Batman, Robin, Lex Luthor, and now Wonder Woman in it. Isn't it too much? Why not make a film like Man of Steel (which I LOVED) and just have teeny tiny references to other heroes that those paying attention can spot. Eg, Caroline 'Carol' Ferris making an appearance at the end, the Wayne Enterprises satellite that gets wrecked, and the constant references to Lex Corp throughout the film.

Won't having these five BIG characters in the film take away from the story? I want more Henry Cavill!
    Last edited by lara; 05-12-13 at 11:07.

05 12 2013
    Hi Lara,
    I didn't realise Robin was going to appear as well. There is the possibility it may end having too many characters but at this moment there is not detail as to the extent of Wonder Woman's involvement. It could just be that DC are (finally) taking a leaf out of Marvel's book and using the movie to introduce the character to the big screen. She may only appear as a prephirary character or in an end-titles sequence. The main action, I think, will concern itself with Batman and Superman and despite what the media are saying, it's not actually going to be Superman v. Batman.

All reports on Affleck is that he looks amazing in the suit and he will, of course, bulk up a bit for the role. I don't know the work of the actress selected for the role but, as you said, she looks the part and apparently in real life served in the military so will be cool with the training and action involved. All we can do is wait and see.

Nestor
    Given the excellent job they did on Man of Steel, I'd be hopeful that they will do just as good a job on the follow-up

I reckon we will see a bit of Superman v. Batman, purely because we want to see it! Batman would kick Superman's arse, and I think that at the beginning we could see that. Batman doesn't trust Superman because he's alien and has these amazing abilities that no-one understands. I reckon that, right at the beginning, they will be like teenagers, scrapping all the time, and then Lex will come in and they'll team up "I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember... the one man who beat you."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (07-12-13)

Reviews

Amazing what a WonderBra can do

Last edited by anon361; 05-12-13 at 17:33.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-12-13), P51D (05-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I reckon we will see a bit of Superman v. Batman, purely because we want to see it! Batman would kick Superman's arse, and I think that at the beginning we could see that. Batman doesn't trust Superman because he's alien and has these amazing abilities that no-one understands. I reckon that, right at the beginning, they will be like teenagers, scrapping all the time, and then Lex will come in and they'll team up "I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember... the one man who beat you."
    I think that's exactly where they will come from. There's been rumours and fan-boy whisperings that we might a form of the Dark Knight Returns and I think they'll borrow from it but where from there?
    As for the 'push-up bra' well, the New 52 adjusted Wonder Woman's costume because they felt that with a bosom like hers, there was no way she wouldn't pop-out when engaged in combat. It wasn't practical. So, I expect her outfit to be re-designed. I liked the Amazon Armour she sported in Kingdom Come so they might introduce that but truthfully, I'm just glad they got off their arses and cast the role. They're committed now. Just don't fuck it up like they did with Green Lantern.

Nestor

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    In terms of her face, she has the look of Wonder Woman... which is fantastic, because the face and costume are the most recognisable traits! She will need to bulk up, as everyone else involved will. Hope she does well

However, my beef is with the film itself. So far, we have Superman, Batman, Robin, Lex Luthor, and now Wonder Woman in it. Isn't it too much? Why not make a film like Man of Steel (which I LOVED) and just have teeny tiny references to other heroes that those paying attention can spot. Eg, Caroline 'Carol' Ferris making an appearance at the end, the Wayne Enterprises satellite that gets wrecked, and the constant references to Lex Corp throughout the film.

Won't having these five BIG characters in the film take away from the story? I want more Henry Cavill!
    Latest rumours is the flash is expected to be in the new movie too,it is looking like a proper mess atm...trying to catchup with avengers and making a balls of it.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Well she has the look, the uber-sexiness while still being able to kick your arse. Im not so sure of her abilities as an actress though, I've only seen her in the fast and furious franchise, and, lets face it, acting wasn't the high point of those movies. however next to Henry Cavill, she may look like Meryl Streep. Sorry Lara, I think Cavill Did a great job as Superman, (not so much as Clark Kent), but then Superman doesn't require as much acting as, say, Batman. Oh god, I just remembered that Ben Afuck is batman. I really don't know how this movie is going to turn out. DC's movie future could be resting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jizrag View Post
    Well she has the look, the uber-sexiness while still being able to kick your arse. Im not so sure of her abilities as an actress though, I've only seen her in the fast and furious franchise, and, lets face it, acting wasn't the high point of those movies. however next to Henry Cavill, she may look like Meryl Streep. Sorry Lara, I think Cavill Did a great job as Superman, (not so much as Clark Kent), but then Superman doesn't require as much acting as, say, Batman. Oh god, I just remembered that Ben Afuck is batman. I really don't know how this movie is going to turn out. DC's movie future could be resting on it.
    I LOVE Henry Cavill! I thought he did very well. My favourite Superman to date

Must have been just me that thought 'man of steel' was crap.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast