Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
That's the most lucid, intelligent post I have seen from you Westie. I agree with every word. The British tabloid media have managed to finally infiltrate our little island & it's to our shame that more copies of The "Irish" Sun are sold every day than The Irish Times. In the race to the bottom they lead the way. I used to think it was to our credit about 20 yrs ago that we had no appetite for this rubbish but we've embraced it wholeheartedly.
Does no one remember during our bleakest times in the north "The Sun" ran headlines such as "Murdering Irish Pigs" & pretty much fed the notion amongst the idiots who read it that we were a sub-human race (easy now Liz).
Anyone who buys this trash obviously isn't interested in the real world & furthermore anyone who subscribes to Sky TV is feeding Murdock's anti-Irish coffers. I've made a point never to give the fucker a penny.

Did you see what Posh said about David's underwear ?
TheNads.
'The Sun', in common with all British tabloids and our own home grown versions of them are nothing but voyeristic rags. Any half intelligent primary school pupil could make a better attempt at articulate and balanced journalism than some of these supposed graduates of journalism schools. The same applies to the Rupert Murdock empire and it's Irish clone, TV3.

The great irony, is that the same people who buy the tabloids for the 'bums and tits' and the footie, are probably also subscribers to Sky TV. This revenue enables Sky to monopolise many sporting events such as the Premiership, Heiniken Cup, Ryder Cup, Tour de France etc. and to charge extra for premium events (pay per view). Will Sky have to get their hands on the All-Ireland Championships or Formula 1, before people wake up?

Like you, TheNads, Murdock won't get a red cent out of me and thank God our license fee does'nt go to TV3.