Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking

Me and the kitchen speak totally different languages.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

adventurous4 (06-11-13), n73 (07-11-13), The D Man (06-11-13), TiffanyTees (05-11-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Stews Kate, it's the way to go if you're single and cooking. Tastes just as good when it comes out of the freezer too ... usually.
    I make stews and I have a slow cooker and a pressure cooker, but I've only got a small freezer and you can get sick of eating the same thing all the time. I do make them now and again though.

Blog Entries

well with this weather a bowel of good northern broth with soggy dumplings is a must , I can cook but won't cook

Im not built for the kitchen …..lol Tiff xx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

The D Man (06-11-13)

Reviews

Belive it or not I can cook.

cooking is easy as did your mother not cook for you and your whole famiely when you were growing up?

yes every one should be able to cook some thing so they can eat and not have to call the take away every day.

take aways are the most expnice way to eat and are not realy good for you.

yes miss kate cooking for one sucks but if you got nice tupper wear tubs and picked like 2 days a mounth to cook and then spent all day cooking and making nice food you could break it down into porchions and freeze it stuff that is tasty and easy to cook like lasangas, sheppers pies and sauces for pasta can be frozzen easly and then you just have to boil water to cook the pasta and you have the sauce ready.

post people are scard to cook and think the guys on TV are super man but just try and if it burns then try again but turn down the heat. It realy is just pratice and the most important thing in cooking is timeing.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (05-11-13), The D Man (06-11-13), The Equalizer (05-11-13)

Quote Originally Posted by name is buck View Post

cooking is easy as did your mother not cook for you and your whole famiely when you were growing up?

yes every one should be able to cook some thing so they can eat and not have to call the take away every day.

yes miss kate cooking for one sucks but if you got nice tupper wear tubs and picked like 2 days a mounth to cook and then spent all day cooking and making nice food you could break it down into porchions and freeze it stuff that is tasty and easy to cook like lasangas, sheppers pies and sauces for pasta can be frozzen easly and then you just have to boil water to cook the pasta and you have the sauce ready.

post people are scard to cook and think the guys on TV are super man but just try and if it burns then try again but turn down the heat. It realy is just pratice and the most important thing in cooking is timeing.
    My timing with cooking is terrible. My meat is always over-cooked (which I don't mind with chicken because I'd rather it was over done than under done).

Started setting my timer on my phone so, when I'm walking around, I know when to check on stuff

Any other handy hints from our resident superhero?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Hot Olivia (08-11-13), The D Man (06-11-13)

I'm a good cook It gets me laid easier, so why wouldn't I want such an essential skill?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

The D Man (06-11-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by name is buck View Post

You really do need to see the size of my fridge freezer lol. I have a chest freezer back in England and it is wonderful for stuff like that. Don't forget I'm a Mother to a grown up lad, so I've done all that in the past. It's not the same when you have a rented fridge freezer that will hold enough for a day or two and that is it. My freezer is full of food that was going cheap if you buy it now. I can't resist a bargain lol.

I love dumplings Tiff!!!! M&S do some lovely meals for one with stew and dumplings and I'm hooked!!! Feel good feeling and not too fattening either.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    You really do need to see the size of my fridge freezer lol. I have a chest freezer back in England and it is wonderful for stuff like that. Don't forget I'm a Mother to a grown up lad, so I've done all that in the past. It's not the same when you have a rented fridge freezer that will hold enough for a day or two and that is it. My freezer is full of food that was going cheap if you buy it now. I can't resist a bargain lol.

I love dumplings Tiff!!!! M&S do some lovely meals for one with stew and dumplings and I'm hooked!!! Feel good feeling and not too fattening either.
    The freezer in my old place was tiny and I struggled to fit anything in it at all. I now have a huge freezer and I have barely made a dent in it. Going to start making meals and freezing them

I've found that those "twenty minute meals" books or Jamie Oliver's "30 Minute Meals" are a life-saver in those situations. If you keep an eye out, you can get the ingredients for cheap (or just substitute for what you want) and save time cooking them, too
    Last edited by lara; 05-11-13 at 17:45.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (05-11-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    The freezer in my old place was tiny and I struggled to fit anything in it at all. I now have a huge freezer and I have barely made a dent in it. Going to start making meals and freezing them

I've found that those "twenty minute meals" books or Jamie Oliver's "30 Minute Meals" are a life-saver in those situations. If you keep an eye out, you can get the ingredients for cheap (or just substitute for what you want) and save time cooking them, too
    Yesterday I made faggots in gravy (no not brains faggots) with cheesy mash potatoes, green beans, mangetout and asparagus. I have the same tonight, minus the asparagus, as I ate it all lol.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    My timing with cooking is terrible. My meat is always over-cooked (which I don't mind with chicken because I'd rather it was over done than under done).

Started setting my timer on my phone so, when I'm walking around, I know when to check on stuff

Any other handy hints from our resident superhero?
    try cooking stuff that you cant walk away from so you are standing there always.
    belive it or not fish is one of the easyest thing to cook you can grill some fish in 4 mins.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast