Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerrard better than Keane?

Reviews

Default Gerrard better than Keane?

Joey Barton recently said Steven Gerrard is a better player than Roy Keane was. I tend to agree. Interested to get some opinions.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

ocred (28-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    Joey Barton recently said Steven Gerrard is a better player than Roy Keane was. I tend to agree. Interested to get some opinions.
    Joey Barton is an idiot , and Gerrard is not better than Roy Keane .

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tayto1965 For This Useful Post:

jer10 (10-11-13), lovethegirls (28-10-13), ocred (28-10-13), Regular John (11-11-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tayto1965 View Post
    Joey Barton is an idiot , and Gerrard is not better than Roy Keane .
    Agree about Barton disagree about Gerrard and Keane.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

ocred (28-10-13)

Reviews

Gerrard is a typical overrated English player. In his younger days he would run from box to box like any typical headless chicken ' world class English player such as Bryan Robson. Now he can't even do that, he's like Becham, the odd good long pass, takes corners, frees and peno's and precious little else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oneeyedreilly For This Useful Post:

ocred (28-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    Gerrard is a typical overrated English player. In his younger days he would run from box to box like any typical headless chicken ' world class English player such as Bryan Robson. Now he can't even do that, he's like Becham, the odd good long pass, takes corners, frees and peno's and precious little else.
    You not see his goal last week for England then
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

ocred (28-10-13), redforever (04-11-13)

Reviews

Not really comparing like with like. Yes they played in the middle of the park but Gerrard is a more attack minded midfielder whereas Keane was not so much. Gerrard's habit of scoring long range crackers means he would look better in a highlights reel than Keane but a big part of Keane's game was how he influenced those around him. His performances for Ireland in the 2002 World Cup qualifiers especially v Holland at home were some of the most complete I have ever seen from a midfielder. That game against Holland he was so immense that its easy to forget we played the last 30 minutes of that game with 10 men.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

lovethegirls (28-10-13), The Bunk (11-12-13)

13. Default

Both great players but keanes will to win at any cost does it for me. But then again I'm Irish so probably a little bias. Keano Keano Keano..

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    You got to be having a laugh. Gerrard is THE most over-rated player of his generation. Keane was the complete midfielder who could boss a game and take control of it. Yes Gerrard when he was younger had a good engine and could run from box to box and yes he does score some cracking goals from time to time but as regards controlling the midfield and bossing a game he is not fit to lace keanes boots. All u have to do to answer this question is watch any match when both were in opposition on the pitch and u will see that Gerrard was anonymous.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to barrney500 For This Useful Post:

they are both equally good, gerrard is obviously a better attacking player, while keane could control and boss a midfield. and in my opinion although they had different captaincy styles they are pretty equal in that regard too.

Reviews

Two great players with different styles so its hardly fair
    Gerrard is all about the big games for me and done nothin with england
    Keane is more consistent in every game so I wud pick keane and probably pick him over any midfielder in his era

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast