Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to make a sequel to the movie 'Commando'.

The script of this film has been modified and adapted to a new kind of hero BRUCE WILLIS.

Finally resulting a series that has seen great success- 'Die Hard' !!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT?

Do you prefer Schwarzenegger or Willis?

I don't get it.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Don't fuck up a classic with a modern day sequel! It was a film for the 80s and it should be left at that!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (18-10-13)

I think she means that the lack of willingness to make Commando 2 resulted in a script alteration which became Die Hard (a far better film)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (18-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    I think she means that the lack of willingness to make Commando 2 resulted in a script alteration which became Die Hard (a far better film)
    A far better film, in its day, yes, but it has become ridiculous now with all the sequels. Like Rocky

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (18-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    A far better film, in its day, yes, but it has become ridiculous now with all the sequels. Like Rocky
    Yes, the franchise has become pathetic.

Liked the second one, but it was a very messy script. They had to crash a plane killing hundreds of people to just remind people the baddy was a baddy. This was because the whole concept of the military thinking it was out of order to hang anti-communist governments out to dry actually had huge public support.

Unless you are creating an anti-hero, never give the baddy a justifiable point....always make him a greedy scumbag/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (18-10-13)

A Willis film better than an Arnie film?!?!? Impossible!

Reviews

bruce willis was a good actor back in the day but the films he is acting in these days are giving him such a bad name why is he doing such low budget titles surly to god he cant be stuck for the money

same with van damme i would watch any of his old movies but the ones he is in now are so low budget and the same with stephen seagal his movies are so low budget these days the titles are enough to make you not even watch

the movies from the 80s and 90s were the best anyway they always had a good story and good action but now a days everything is CGI and really boring to watch which is a pity

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (18-10-13)

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteIrene View Post
    Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to make a sequel to the movie 'Commando'.

The script of this film has been modified and adapted to a new kind of hero BRUCE WILLIS.

Finally resulting a series that has seen great success- 'Die Hard' !!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT?

Do you prefer Schwarzenegger or Willis?

They're very different stars and their movies are enjoyable for different reasons. Arnie is, or was, built like a superhero and the ideal action star. Bruce is more your post-modern anti-hero in the likes of Die Hard, and 12 Monkeys. They both have good comic timing and are known for their one-liners, although Arnie's are more memorable. If I really had to choose though, I'd see a Schwarzenegger movie before picking a Bruce Willis flick.

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    bruce willis was a good actor back in the day but the films he is acting in these days are giving him such a bad name why is he doing such low budget titles surly to god he cant be stuck for the money

same with van damme i would watch any of his old movies but the ones he is in now are so low budget and the same with stephen seagal his movies are so low budget these days the titles are enough to make you not even watch

the movies from the 80s and 90s were the best anyway they always had a good story and good action but now a days everything is CGI and really boring to watch which is a pity
    I think it's hard for action stars to remain popular as they age, although Sylvester Stallone seems to be disproving that. Van Damme had personal problems in the late 90s, 2000s, so that might have affected his film-making. I think Seagal still has a loyal fanbase and does ok. I always thought he was a bit arrogant in his interviews and I never really liked him.

The 80s and 90s were great for action movies and it can be seen when you look at the recent Total Recall movie with Colin Farrell. Arnie's movie in the 90s was over-the-top, fun, funny, and action packed a depiction of the fantasy Quaid wanted. The 2012 version is just a generic sci-fi actioner that is in essence a chase movie and one in which the chases get repetitive and tedious.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    A far better film, in its day, yes, but it has become ridiculous now with all the sequels.
    Like Rocky

Hey! Has someone been telling you about me again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast