Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite quotes

Reviews

Default Favourite quotes

"No, you clearly don't know who you are talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger Skyler, I AM THE DANGER. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No, I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!"

Said by: Walt Said to: Skyler

from Breaking Bad

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

client030314 (17-10-13), Jiberjabber (17-10-13), sexysalma (17-10-13)

Maybe not a quote, but an interaction

[McCauley calls Van Zant on the phone]

Roger Van Zant: What are you doing?

Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.

Roger Van Zant: I don't understand.

Neil McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this fuckin' line

From Heat

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

client030314 (17-10-13), Clyde (17-10-13)

I've got tons of them, but this is the one that is fresh in my mind at the moment:

Lucas Lee: Now you listen close and you listen hard, bucko. The next click you hear is me hanging up. The one after that... is me pulling the trigger!
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Reviews

Do or do not no try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (17-10-13)

Slim: You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow.
    - To Have and Have Not.

Sophie Scholl: The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'survive.' The honest men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their little lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who don’t like to make waves—or enemies. Those for whom freedom, honour, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, mate small, die small. It’s the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you’ll keep it under control. If you don’t make any noise, the bogeyman won’t find you. But it’s all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn.
    - The Fire Within.
    Last edited by lara; 17-10-13 at 16:53.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

client030314 (17-10-13), Deven (17-10-13), UB40 (17-10-13)

Reviews

L Ron Hubbard ,founder of $cientology

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion "
    At that time he was writing science fiction for comics in the US
    Last edited by zoozoozoo; 17-10-13 at 16:55.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

client030314 (17-10-13), Deven (17-10-13), Jiberjabber (17-10-13), Stephanie (17-10-13)

Reviews

For non-movies, see my signature. For movies, there are too many that can be used every-day and mean something, but in terms of incredibly intelligent script-writing as it sets out what will happen for the rest of the movie, from Shaun of the Dead :

"You know what we should do tomorrow? Keep drinking. A Bloody Mary first thing, a bite at the King's Head, couple at The Little Princess, stagger back here and bang... back at the bar for shots. How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

No apologies for the bad language in the next, from Team America:

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceAlmighty For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (17-10-13)

Sometimes our joy are the source of our smiles, but sometimes our smiles could be the source of our joy...!
    "
    .. A Woman could be happy with any Man as long as she does not Marry him..""

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to La Toya For This Useful Post:

client030314 (17-10-13), Deven (17-10-13), Rocker123 (17-10-13), Stephanie (17-10-13), thewren (19-10-13), UB40 (17-10-13)

Is there anything better than to be longing for something, when you know it is within reach?

-- Greta Garbo xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Best Before (18-10-13), BruceAlmighty (17-10-13), client030314 (17-10-13), Deven (17-10-13), Jiberjabber (17-10-13), La Toya (18-10-13), thewren (17-10-13), UB40 (17-10-13)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Slim: You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow.
    - To Have and Have Not.
    ^^^ That's one of my favs. I love the book xx And B & B ain't half bad either

And your Sig :

Juror #10: Why are you so polite?
    Juror #11: For the same reason you are not: it's the way I was brought up.

From '12 Angry Men'

xx
    Last edited by Stephanie; 17-10-13 at 17:40.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast