Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vengeance

Default Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Johnson
    "Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged."

(Sigh). First of all, welcome back to various posters that have come out of hibernation. The boards have certainly become much more 'colourful' since a few members have returned from exile, and with that, the moderation team here feel like we are in a trench, ducking for cover as the bullets of vengeance are flying over our heads. It reminds me of Judge Dredd's 'Block Wars' storyline:

'Tis a vicious cycle; one person winds another up, they retaliate by doing their utmost to discredit the instigator, others involve themselves and fight someone's corner based on fragments of distorted hearsay they heard through the Chinese-whisper grapevine. As a result, we often get a very twisted and confusing series of events littered across the pages of the E-I forums and the moderation team is expected to pick through the pieces of broken glass, put the picture together and issue the appropriate punishments accordingly to guilty parties; quite often we are charged with being too lax or too aggressive as a result of this melodrama, and we should factor in certain situations and circumstances. We often get abusive emails as a result of this from guilty, banned parties.

So what is the issue here? Well, for one, there is this need to keep 'setting the record straight'; do note that referring to an explanation as 'setting the record straight' doesn't actually give the information any more weight or credibility, it is a statement and nothing more. People resort to insulting each other and feel that they need to apply swift vengeance, a sort of battle of the wits to get the better of each other to discredit one and affirm and reinforce their side of the story. This doesn't actually make the situation any more truthful, it is just politics and spinning a good story. This need for delivering vengeance is actually counter-productive. Not only that, but I am a firm Belieber [sic] (see what I did there?) that people actually thrive on this drama to keep things interesting. This, to me personally, just comes across as a form of egotism, getting people wound up and talking about them, as any attention is good attention, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Deming
    "Vengeance is not the point; change is. But the trouble is that in most people's minds the thought of victory and the thought of punishing the enemy coincide."

So, now that we have established the bullshit concept of 'setting things straight' (), let us remind people that we [the moderation team] are quite happy to remove anything from the forums that is deemed inappropriate, should the person reporting it is not actually guilty of continuing the arguments or retaliating themselves. Going back to counter-productive, trying to deliver vengeance to outwit thy foes just makes yourselves look like the bigger idiot, and quite frankly is deemed as a sort of Karma. For those of you that like to gossip and try to use diluted points to back up your malicious attempts to discredit an individual (or groups in some cases), cop on and keep your bullshit to yourselves. In the whole great scheme of things, the only people actually interested are like-minded dim-wits, the media when they have an empty column to fill and Ruhama and TORL who are looking to get their government funding extended on the basis that men are misogynistic arseholes using and abusing women, and that 'prostitutes' are all victims fighting amongst themselves because competition is so bad, they are in a desperate situation as they have to pay their pimps and fund their apparent drug habits.

Don't reinforce the stigma.

This thread is futile. Most of you will have complete apathy for this or are just here to mix things up for their own personal amusement (and I'm sorry that you have to resort to this to get your jollies... diddums, but you keep my team employed ), but for those of you that genuinely care (which I'm sure most of you do), don't let the burning desire to deliver swift vengeance get the better of you, because ultimately, you will make yourself look like a bigger tit

Thank you for reading this.
    Last edited by samlad; 16-10-13 at 13:19.

2. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (16-10-13), ana massage (16-10-13), Best Before (16-10-13), Cable87 (16-10-13), Cassandra (16-10-13), client030314 (16-10-13), Clyde (16-10-13), Curvaceous Kate (16-10-13), Davidgolf (17-10-13), Deven (16-10-13), dr love (16-10-13), EIFII (16-10-13), fin101 (17-10-13), funlover12 (16-10-13), happygolucky (16-10-13), Hman (17-10-13), Hot Olivia (16-10-13), JAMESCORK (16-10-13), Jiberjabber (16-10-13), ladiesman217 (16-10-13), Lara Mills (17-10-13), Lucy Chambers (16-10-13), Magicman (16-10-13), Melindablondey (16-10-13), Morpheus (16-10-13), mr gear (16-10-13), mymann (17-10-13), name is buck (16-10-13), Nicole (16-10-13), ocred (16-10-13), Rachel Divine (16-10-13), Renatha Lopez (16-10-13), Sexy Fernanda (17-10-13), SophieX (16-10-13), thewren (16-10-13), wolfie (16-10-13), zoozoozoo (16-10-13)

Don't you think is a bit too long to read?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post

People who care will take the time to read it. I've even broken it up with lovely pictures for those that might need to take a break between paragraphs

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Best Before (16-10-13), Cable87 (16-10-13), Curvaceous Kate (16-10-13), EIFII (16-10-13), funlover12 (16-10-13), happygolucky (16-10-13), Hman (17-10-13), Hot Olivia (16-10-13), Rachel Divine (16-10-13), Sexy Fernanda (17-10-13), Stephanie (09-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    People who care will take the time to read it. I've even broken it up with lovely pictures for those that might need to take a break between paragraphs
    Well done Sam
    I posted a post on a similar topic.
    The majority of posters and readers here have absolutely
    no interest in the back biting , bitchfest that has gone on here.
    No one cares wether you are a sex worker , a prostitute , a courtesan or whatever
    label you care to put on yourself.
    No one cares about who accuses who of being whatever.
    Just use the forums for what they where intended.
    PS any chance of more pics of naked ladies.
    Just asking like.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

For those of you that like to gossip and try to use diluted points to back up your malicious attempts to discredit an individual (or groups in some cases), cop on and keep your bullshit to yourselves. In the whole great scheme of things, the only people actually interested are like-minded dim-wits, the media when they have an empty column to fill and Ruhama and TORL who are looking to get their government funding extended on the basis that men are misogynistic arseholes using and abusing women, and that 'prostitutes' are all victims fighting amongst themselves because competition is so bad, they are in a desperate situation as they have to pay their pimps and fund their apparent drug habits.
    I kind of like this part of the thread.

Great Post Sam, I too was going to post something similar to this last night, but I doubt anyone would have read it So I watched the soccer instead. Another waste of time
    Besides I couldn't have done such a professional job at getting my point across as you did.
    I initially wasn't going to read this, but after looking at the pretty pictures and reading the last paragraph, I reverted to the start and read it, in it's entirety.
    Once again great post, and I hope this thread doesn't descend into slagging match like a lot of the half decent threads started here lately.
    Last edited by Best Before; 16-10-13 at 11:04.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (16-10-13)

Tldr
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 16-10-13 at 11:10.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

anon361 (16-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post

Not for you, darling But for those whose attention-span can't take in anything longer than a text message, they might have a bit of trouble with it!

Reviews

(Sigh). First of all, welcome back to various posters that have come out of hibernation. The boards have certainly become much more 'colourful' since a few members have returned from exile, and with that, the moderation team here feel like we are in a trench, ducking for cover as the bullets of vengeance are flying over our heads. It reminds me of Judge Dredd's 'Block Wars' storyline:

'Tis a vicious cycle; one person winds another up, they retaliate by doing their utmost to discredit the instigator, others involve themselves and fight someone's corner based on fragments of distorted hearsay they heard through the Chinese-whisper grapevine. As a result, we often get a very twisted and confusing series of events littered across the pages of the E-I forums and the moderation team is expected to pick through the pieces of broken glass, put the picture together and issue the appropriate punishments accordingly; quite often we are charge with being too lax or too aggressive as a result of this melodrama, and we should factor in certain situations and circumstances. We often get abusive emails as a result of this from guilty, banned parties.

So what is the issue here? Well, for one, there is this need to keep 'setting the record straight'; do note that referring to an explanation as 'setting the record straight' doesn't actually give the information any more weight or credibility, it is a statement and nothing more. People resort to insulting each other and feel that they need to apply swift vengeance, a sort of battle of the wits to get the better of each other to discredit one and affirm and reinforce their side of the story. This doesn't actually make the situation any more truthful, it is just politics and spinning a good story. This need for delivering vengeance is actually counter-productive. Not only that, but I am a firm Belieber [sic] (see what I did there?) that people actually thrive on this drama to keep things interesting. This, to me personally, just comes across as a form of egotism, getting people wound up and talking about them, as any attention is good attention, right?

So, now that we have established the bullshit concept of 'setting things straight' (), let us remind people that we [the moderation team] are quite happy to remove anything from the forums that is deemed inappropriate, should the person reporting it is not actually guilty of continuing the arguments or retaliating themselves. Going back to counter-productive, trying to deliver vengeance to outwit thy foes just makes yourselves look like the bigger idiot, and quite frankly is deemed as a sort of Karma. For those of you that like to gossip and try to use diluted points to back up your malicious attempts to discredit an individual (or groups in some cases), cop on and keep your bullshit to yourselves. In the whole great scheme of things, the only people actually interested are like-minded dim-wits, the media when they have an empty column to fill and Ruhama and TORL who are looking to get their government funding extended on the basis that men are misogynistic arseholes using and abusing women, and that 'prostitutes' are all victims fighting amongst themselves because competition is so bad, they are in a desperate situation as they have to pay their pimps and fund their apparent drug habits.

This thread is futile. Most of you will have complete apathy for this or are just here to mix things up for their own personal amusement (and I'm sorry that you have to resort to this to get your jollies... diddums, but you keep my team employed ), but for those of you that genuinely care (which I'm sure most of you do), don't let the burning desire to deliver swift vengeance get the better of you, because ultimately, you will make yourself look like a bigger tit

Thank you for reading this.
    Well Sam you have 2 options as far as I can see
    1 go the the hardware store and buy a big box of locks.
    As soon as a thread gets out of hand LOCK it down, hard and fast.
    Lock down any attempt at a continuation thread even harder and faster.
    2 Polish and oil up the BAN hammer.
    Anybody starts to misbehave BAN THEIR ASSES STRAIGHT AWAY
    If they are allowed return and still misbehave BAN them again.
    Some people will only learn if you hit them where it
    hurts ,either their pocket or their ego.
    The third option is to do nothing, but that is not an option in reality.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Tldr
    I can see trouble ahead at the next staff meeting lol.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast