Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: False Advertising x

Reviews

its a really difficult question to answer, but the bottom line is if someone knows they are misleading a client then they are. no two ways about it. after that it becomes how long is a piece of string sort of question

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

EIFII (13-10-13), mymann (13-10-13), Stephanie (13-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous4 View Post
    I find there is always a difference in how a lady looks, even when you've seen many photographs, and even when the photos are pretty accurate. There is a world of information that's impossible to see from a photograph - body language, how someone walks etc. - that cannot be or comprehended in a one-dimensional photo, no matter how accurate it might be. Even in relation to height - every single lady I've met has been either taller or smaller than I had imagined them to be, and that's not to say that they had lied about their height. Your mind creates an image based on a photo, but there's inevitably much more information - that can make you be more or less attracted to the lady than you thought - that can't be anticipated until the lady opens the door. I have to say I've never been physically disappointed - they've all been beautiful women, and I'm always grateful for the time I had with them.
    May be its just me, but I could glean absolutely nothing from a one dimensional photograph. Now a two dimensional one I'd say I might have some chance

But to answer Stephanie's question, I think it is very personal, down to the individual. Of course a point can be made with a cropped photo such as Queenbee's outrageous example.
    At the end if the day this only matters for first time visits, as soon as the door opens, the photos become irrelevant. Lets just say I think we would all accept that the photos are designed to show the lady at her best, and rightly so.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

Best Before (13-10-13), mymann (13-10-13)

op at what point is it deceit deceit is when you have 8 ladies from 13 advertised not doing reviews understandably some have legitimate reasons and when the 8 are looked into 4 of those have fake photos that is far too high a percentage and west of Ireland is a minefield at moment

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goodasgold For This Useful Post:

mymann (13-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    op at what point is it deceit deceit is when you have 8 ladies from 13 advertised not doing reviews understandably some have legitimate reasons and when the 8 are looked into 4 of those have fake photos that is far too high a percentage and west of Ireland is a minefield at moment
    Agree goodasgold,---the West of Ireland seems to be rich picking for ladies that don't allow reviews,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mymann View Post
    Agree goodasgold,---the West of Ireland seems to be rich picking for ladies that don't allow reviews,
    Which is why I would generally not visit ladies who do not allow reviews...
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceAlmighty For This Useful Post:

mymann (13-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    Which is why I would generally not visit ladies who do not allow reviews...
    I assure you i don't,

from exoerience a lot of ladies offer favourites on their profile which are not available even as an extra charge that is also deceit . west of Ireland seem to get a proliferation lately of those ladies as above ,ladies who are not open to reviews ,and ladies with fake photos it really is a minefield here .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to goodasgold For This Useful Post:

happygolucky (13-10-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    from exoerience a lot of ladies offer favourites on their profile which are not available even as an extra charge that is also deceit . west of Ireland seem to get a proliferation lately of those ladies as above ,ladies who are not open to reviews ,and ladies with fake photos it really is a minefield here .
    I think there is a distinction between 'fake' and 'false' though. Fake to me is when nothing about the product is true to the advertisement. So for instance instead of coffee you get a bacon sandwich. It's not even a drink. Where as false advertising is more like getting a cup of hot chocolate instead of coffee. It's still a drink, it will still quench your thirst to a point, but you may not like the flavour and it isn't what you were expecting. However, some people might like hot chocolate as well as coffee and still drink it, because it still satisfies the need for a drink.

Then I suppose you have the difference between details, such as an advert for a strong cup of tea, when the reality is a weak cup of tea. Yes it is tea, but not quite what you were told it would be. Or expecting a cup of tea with sugar in it and discovering there is no sugar. That could be a deal breaker for you? (the sugar being the service).

I think that if the reviews mirror the advert and show a good deal of satisfaction by those that have par taken of the service and company, then it would be more likely that the advert is genuine and not that far off the truth (as you see it). Although it is also possible for the buyer to have created expectations that are unrealistic, because they have filled in the gaps with their imagination and this too also needs to be taken into account.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 13-10-13 at 10:20.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

adventurous4 (13-10-13), Best Before (13-10-13), happygolucky (13-10-13), ManHold (13-10-13)

different interpretations can be given to anything it seems. different degrees of fake and different degrees of false to me amount to same thing not true.. how could a photo of x be same as photo of y

website asks to report fake photos not false ones photos are activated by website as fake not false in example given of 8 ladies with no reviews 4 were reported as false and activated by website as false the point I was making is that there is a lot of those ladies in west of Ireland {touring{ and I just said it was a very high percentage

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast