Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should i vote yes, or no

Reviews

I have never heard such dross in my life, vote No because the government want us to vote Yes. You're all big enough eegits to make up your own minds. Don't be going on about the Dail, stick with the issue at hand, the Seanad does nothing and effects nothing, one down and one to go. After the Seanad is gone we can chase Dail reform. Anything to speed up the courts/appeal procedure has to be welcomed.
    If you want to protest against the Government, do something constructive and don't just vote against them as a protest. You are trying to kill useful legislation, not protesting against the government.
    And for the non voters, what a waste, what a crime, should be like Australia, compulsory voting. The non voters are the same arse holes that sit in the pubs every night, telling anyone that'll listen what's wrong with the country/system but never doing anything to try and change it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by roverwild View Post
    My eyes are indeed open buck. I see a place full of placemen and strawmen, ineffective and irrelevant to the ordinary citizen.

I've never had a vote to put any senator in, but by god I'm taking my chance now to vote the whole lot of them out!
    yes i am with you on how they get their seats and the cost of running it.

but if we get rid of it there is no going back but like i told you already their is a bill on the second stage that would come into play befor the end of the year that will reform the upper house. and we will be able to vote on who is sitting in the house.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    I have never heard such dross in my life, vote No because the government want us to vote Yes. You're all big enough eegits to make up your own minds. Don't be going on about the Dail, stick with the issue at hand, the Seanad does nothing and effects nothing, one down and one to go. After the Seanad is gone we can chase Dail reform. Anything to speed up the courts/appeal procedure has to be welcomed.
    If you want to protest against the Government, do something constructive and don't just vote against them as a protest. You are trying to kill useful legislation, not protesting against the government.
    And for the non voters, what a waste, what a crime, should be like Australia, compulsory voting. The non voters are the same arse holes that sit in the pubs every night, telling anyone that'll listen what's wrong with the country/system but never doing anything to try and change it.
    i do go to the protests and i myself have been assalted by the guards on the protests i stand behind what i say and plz read all my other comments. Mary robbison is one of the failed people who coudl not get a seat in the dail but she got into the upper house and it was her who got us condoms as she fought fot it in the upper house as the dail was just too bizy to bring it up.
    and that is a fact

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post

Hi I respectfully disagree with you. The Seanad needs reform yes, but doing away with it isnt the way to go. The seanad has proven over the years how valuable a contribution it has made to the development of legislation in Ireland. The Dail needs greater reform. Far to many TDs for the size of population. I am too tired at this time of night to go into it all.

I do agree with you regarding the non voters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

name is buck (04-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by roverwild View Post
    The chance to make a bunch of wannabee and hasbeen politicos redundant? Too right I'm voting yes. We've got too many gombeens & gobshites running this country already, this is our chance to get rid of some of them.

Appeals Court? Meh. Don't care either way.

The real Gombeens and Gobshites are running the country from the Dail not the seanad. Removing the Seanad is like cutting the breaks off a car. The lunatics will truely have taken over the asylum then.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

You know, the Dáil needs reform just as much as the Seanad, arguably more so. The former is supposed to hold the executive branch of government (i.e., the Taoiseach and his ministers) to account but, unlike other parliaments, it has very little power to do so. Though I disagree with his advocacy for a court of appeal, Vincent Browne made some cogent arguments against abolishing the Seanad, such as this article in today's Irish Times and this one back in July.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

With the senate you have independent voices, granted they are part of a political party but their views can be so different than the parties line, they can talk and discuss openly about social issues such as abortion, gay rights, really left wing stuff that the parties in the dail hardly ever touch upon. I like the senators alot actually the only problem I have with it, it's not democratic, it does have power it makes amendments to legislation but that it's.

If it;s reformed and has actual power i,e not letting the dail rush through legislation when it wants I'm thinking the faithful night in september the banking guarantee.

I will vote No but I fear that people will vote yes which makes me sad and a little gutted to be honest

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

name is buck (04-10-13)

Reviews

I am all for saving 20 mil were ever they can with out cutting service and this would be a start cutting the size of the dail by at least 30/40% would be the next step. But what drives me mad is when I go in to vote I will see ex civil service with big pensions sitting on there ass when we have a large amount of young well educated professionals out there that has to work 30 to 40 hours a week for €50 (slave labor) in so called jobbridge and internship that's bullshit.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threebyone View Post
    Tomorrow. I think the big house should knock down the small house, but where will all the little people live?

Let's give this Government a kick in the teeth. Vote NO.

"Tease me with stockinged legs"

12. Default

I voted no but believe reform is needed in both houses.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dazza For This Useful Post:

name is buck (04-10-13)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast