Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Default Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Anyone else started watching this show? What do you think of it?

Honestly? I'm not impressed. All I had heard from people was how amazing it was, and then I watched the pilot and thought "have I seen something different?". I found the story was very predictable, and I'm already suspecting which characters will be killed off and which will have a romance. There were moments that I found funny and good, but that's it - only moments. Moments don't make a show. There was a lot of things that weren't necessary at all, but they were there simply to fill the time. I have some predictions for the show, which I have included below (in white font, so you will have to highlight to read. Is it technically a spoiler-alert? I don't know. Anyway, here we go

The loner "I do everything on my own" guy (Ward, I think his name is) will have a romance with the new girl/rebel.
    The Fitz/Simmons team will be there purely for the adorable-sickening feeling they give us, and then one or both will be killed off.
    The out-of-field-work agent who had a bad experience and is now "just the driver" (like we thought that would actually happen) will die a heroic death and blah blah blah.
    Coulson will be a clone or something, brought back from the dead properly. Tahiti will be a secret facility where they did this. Or, they could have gotten another superhero involved and magic has brought him back. I don't know.
    The show seems to be suggesting there might be a romance between Coulson and Hill. If there is, then that is just ridiculous.
    The centipede people will link in to a potential other franchise for Marvel.

What do you think of it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

mer (03-10-13)

Reviews

No interest, at all. If Hawkeye or B.Widow were in it (since they are S.H.I.E.L.D agents) then maybe.

My attention will be on Arrow season 2 when it debuts next week.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (03-10-13), mer (03-10-13)

Reviews

ya i seen it , it was okay but thought it would be better. although it could get better

im recently watching breaking bad and i must say season 1 of breaking bad was the biggest load of shite i ever seen and then it started getting good lol

so fingers crossed this gets a little good

Expected much more from MARVEL.
    Thankfully Thor will be out and Avengers 2 & 3 but it will take a while... I think I will go say hello to my comic books now...
    Somewhere over the rainbow.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hot Olivia For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (03-10-13), fun loving male (04-10-13), ladiesman217 (03-10-13), mer (05-10-13)

03 10 2013
    I thought it was pretty good for the first episode. I think all new shows need a bit a time to find their feet and establish characters and Whedon is good at this sort of thing. And c'mon...the flying car! Straight out of the comic books. Right now, yeah, a bit predictable and there's always the speculation as to whether other non-powered heroes will cameo (and you know they will) but it wasn't bad. Anyone else catch the Culson/Matrix moment when yer man blew the door off the van? The makers have suggested that Culson was not brought back by magic, he's not an LMD or clone. Others think he could be the Vision (and you have to go waaaaay back in comic book lore to see where that comes from...Vision had a 'human' identity for a bit where he tried to out-Data before Data ever exisited... er, find his inner humanity.

I'll give it a bit of time. It's funny, well produced, easy on the eye and it's never going to tread the same board as Game of Thrones or Banshee but it can only get better and I think it will.

P51D

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Olivia View Post
    Expected much more from MARVEL.
    Thankfully Thor will be out and Avengers 2 & 3 but it will take a while... I think I will go say hello to my comic books now...
    May I also say hello to your comic books

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    May I also say hello to your comic books
    As long you won't steal them then yes.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Olivia For This Useful Post:

fun loving male (04-10-13), ladiesman217 (03-10-13)

Reviews

As long you won't steal them then yes.
    Me? Steal? Olivia my dear, the only thing I steal are ladies' hearts

Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face after saying that

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Me? Steal? Olivia my dear, the only thing I steal are ladies' hearts

Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face after saying that
    ...and i'll ' steal ' your money

Reviews

...and i'll ' steal ' your money
    Steal it from me?? And there was me hoping one day I'd part with my money via a professional business transaction with you

Goodbye

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast