Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nationality V Ethnicity

Reviews

Wink Nationality V Ethnicity

So Are you Proud of Where you were born/grew up? Do you feel if you move to a different country it's better to pretend to be from somewhere better or more acceptable other than where you were born cause you feel people will treat you Different? Why would you feel the need to

Where nationality means one’s country of origin, ethnicity refers to racial ancestry.

To make it clearer, a person born in Romania and living in the UK, will only have an Romanian nationality, and not an British nationality. If a person from an Italian family was born in Greece, then that person would have an Italian ethnicity, and not a Greek ethnicity.
    Nationality is a word that pertains to the state of origin. Nationality can be defined as the relationship between a person and his or her state of origin. Nationality also means that a person has the protection of the state where he or she was born.
    Ethnicity can be defined as a group of people who regard themselves to be different from others. The ethnic groups are united by common traditional, cultural, linguistic, ritualistic, behavioral and religious traits. On the other hand, nationality does not pertain to these characteristics, as one can come across people that have different cultural, traditional, ritualistic and religious traits living in the same country.
    Nationality also causes patriotism. On the other hand, ethnicity does not create a thought of patriotism, but only creates thoughts of racism. Ethnicity is related only to a particular race, and nothing else. Nowadays, ethnicity is not widely used, as it did have a very adverse impact on the world.
    While nationality can be termed as a legal concept, ethnicity can be termed as a cultural concept.

I'm just glad im not from Westmeath.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to threebyone For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (02-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Who gives a shit really we are who we want to be, no nationality is perfect God knows Irish have had there issues take the civil war men who faught together butchered each other afterwards.
    Now I've met many people from countries all over the world many of other religions other than my own and deep down we are all the same. Also we are most similar to the English in culture that's probably why I get on so well with my wee mate Rachel the little minx.......
    So proud to be from Manchester ... Loves you babe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

Clyde (02-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threebyone View Post
    I'm just glad im not from Westmeath.
    So is westmeath.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Clyde (02-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    So is westmeath.
    yes. It will always lack class.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threebyone View Post
    yes. It will always lack class.
    Did you think you would add any?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    So proud to be from Manchester ... Loves you babe
    Im sure you have a lovely English accent

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Did you think you would add any?
    miley cyrus would even add class to it. Seriously

Reviews

Thought we were all European now - I mean even Israel is in the Eurovision Song Contest

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

Clyde (02-10-13), Rachel Divine (02-10-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    So Are you Proud of Where you were born/grew up? Do you feel if you move to a different country it's better to pretend to be from somewhere better or more acceptable other than where you were born cause you feel people will treat you Different? Why would you feel the need to

Where nationality means one’s country of origin, ethnicity refers to racial ancestry.

To make it clearer, a person born in Romania and living in the UK, will only have an Romanian nationality, and not an British nationality. If a person from an Italian family was born in Greece, then that person would have an Italian ethnicity, and not a Greek ethnicity.
    Nationality is a word that pertains to the state of origin. Nationality can be defined as the relationship between a person and his or her state of origin. Nationality also means that a person has the protection of the state where he or she was born.
    Ethnicity can be defined as a group of people who regard themselves to be different from others. The ethnic groups are united by common traditional, cultural, linguistic, ritualistic, behavioral and religious traits. On the other hand, nationality does not pertain to these characteristics, as one can come across people that have different cultural, traditional, ritualistic and religious traits living in the same country.
    Nationality also causes patriotism. On the other hand, ethnicity does not create a thought of patriotism, but only creates thoughts of racism. Ethnicity is related only to a particular race, and nothing else. Nowadays, ethnicity is not widely used, as it did have a very adverse impact on the world.
    While nationality can be termed as a legal concept, ethnicity can be termed as a cultural concept.
    It's rather pointless to , I think, as in Ireland it seems if your black ,you must be from Nigeria
    I must learn Urbu to get better prices at the hair shop .
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

Ebony Amber (03-10-13), NaughyYanna (02-10-13), threebyone (02-10-13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast