Thread: Mac book air vs windows laptop

Default Mac book air vs windows laptop

I'm thinking of getting a mac book air, any opinions, I'm not really techno minded, it's really just for writing my thesis so no big design packages etc

Quote Originally Posted by jack78 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a mac book air, any opinions, I'm not really techno minded, it's really just for writing my thesis so no big design packages etc
    i have one macbook air and i am just in love since i got it i hate windows pc it might be just me but is easy extremely fast
    no viruses like the windows . i like it

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikole_vb3 For This Useful Post:

Clyde (27-09-13), Hot Olivia (30-09-13), jack78 (26-09-13), lurker (27-09-13), Petros (27-09-13)

Reviews

I would go with the Mac book air then
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

5. Default

I have used Macs for twenty years or more and I very rarely had a problem with any of them and I'v had them all from the little beige one in the corner to the Mac Air I use now. Very robust machines.
    What is benign? - benign is what you will be after you be eight

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to habebe2 For This Useful Post:

Clyde (27-09-13), jack78 (27-09-13), nikole_vb3 (27-09-13)

I'm a windows man myself. Never used apples but I'm sure they are great machines.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

as far as my experience tells me - once you've switched to Mac there's no turning back to windows anymore plus tis very simple to use

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lurker For This Useful Post:

nikole_vb3 (27-09-13)

What about the fact that my work uses windows, can I use and edit msword docs on the mac without major bother?

Reviews

im a windows man much cheaper lol i am in my fuck paying over 1000 euro for a mac lol

Reviews

What about the fact that my work uses windows, can I use and edit msword docs on the mac without major bother?
    That is not an issue — Word for Mac uses the exact same document format as the Pee Cee version so the files are interchangeable!

I have been using Macs since 92 and have never had a problem. I do use a Pee Cee in work and I hate it. My main machine is a MacBook Pro.

Go for a MAC book Pro. I got a MAC 6 years ago and it great. Never had a virus or any probs with it. It is strange for a while when you are trying to learn a new operating system. I would never go back to a PC.