Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Reviews

Default All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Saturday at 5pm. Strange day and time but that is the way it is now.

Cork feel they underperformed in the drawn match. Yet they could have won ( stolen it depending on your viewpoint ). Cork will feel that they have found a gap in the Clare defence by dragging out the half back line and exploiting that space. Pa Cronin needs an improved performance. He is their target man from puck outs and when he is playing well he gives them extra options.

Clare according to most people played very well in the drawn match and yet had to depend on a last second point to equalise. They can play as well again. They have been creating goal chances in all the games they have played but not taking them. In some game they will take those chances and that game could be Saturday. If they get ahead by 5 or 6 points on Saturday they will not be as generous again to the opposition.

Hopefully Clare will be celebratiing at the final whistle. Clare to win.

Come on Clare.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Saturday at 5pm. Strange day and time but that is the way it is now.

Cork feel they underperformed in the drawn match. Yet they could have won ( stolen it depending on your viewpoint ). Cork will feel that they have found a gap in the Clare defence by dragging out the half back line and exploiting that space. Pa Cronin needs an improved performance. He is their target man from puck outs and when he is playing well he gives them extra options.

Clare according to most people played very well in the drawn match and yet had to depend on a last second point to equalise. They can play as well again. They have been creating goal chances in all the games they have played but not taking them. In some game they will take those chances and that game could be Saturday. If they get ahead by 5 or 6 points on Saturday they will not be as generous again to the opposition.

Hopefully Clare will be celebratiing at the final whistle. Clare to win.

Come on Clare.
    Not very strange for those in the know. The Ladies Football Final takes place on Sunday 29th and the GAA were not going to change that like they did last year by pushing forward the Ladies final to accomadate the Hurling Replay.
    Anyway momentum with Cork I feel so up the Rebels!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peregine For This Useful Post:

The D Man (26-09-13)

hon de banner.

It'll be a tight game I feel, but maybe with a a little bit of luck Clare can sneak the win.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happyspud For This Useful Post:

The D Man (26-09-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peregine View Post
    Not very strange for those in the know. The Ladies Football Final takes place on Sunday 29th and the GAA were not going to change that like they did last year by pushing forward the Ladies final to accomadate the Hurling Replay.
    Anyway momentum with Cork I feel so up the Rebels!
    Yeah we know the ladies football final is on Sunday and they deserve their big day as well. Ladies football has been quite innovative in their game. They have the countdown clock already in their games and this year introduced ref cam.

If this years hurling championship is not to be left with an astrix beside the winners we need a Clare victory on Saturday, Cork have benefitted from too many poor referring decisions to be considered genuine All-Ireland champions.
    - If Shefflin hadn't been sent off (which he shouldn't have been) and O'Neil was (which he should've been) would the result have been different?
    - If O'Dwyer hadn't been sent off (which he shouldn't have been) would the result have been different?
    - If yes, that man again, O'Neil had been sent off the last day(which he should have been) would the result have been different?

So for the sake of justice, Hon The Banner!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2timesin30 For This Useful Post:

The D Man (26-09-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2timesin30 View Post
    If this years hurling championship is not to be left with an astrix beside the winners we need a Clare victory on Saturday, Cork have benefitted from too many poor referring decisions to be considered genuine All-Ireland champions.
    - If Shefflin hadn't been sent off (which he shouldn't have been) and O'Neil was (which he should've been) would the result have been different?
    - If O'Dwyer hadn't been sent off (which he shouldn't have been) would the result have been different?
    - If yes, that man again, O'Neil had been sent off the last day(which he should have been) would the result have been different?

So for the sake of justice, Hon The Banner!!
    Refereeing decisions can go either way. Cork were not happy that those last seconds were played which allowed Clare get that point. Clare were not happy that Colin Ryan was not given a free for being flattened to the ground on the hogan stand side in the 1st half. Another incident they were unhappy about was David McInerney attempting to clear the ball in the first half and being chopped down on and then being pulled up for overcarrying. That was a swing of a point if not 2.
    Either side will need to score enough so that the influence of the referee will not be a talking point, however I cannnot see this happening as it will still be a close match like most of their previous encounters so far this year.

Refereeing decisions can go either way. Cork were not happy that those last seconds were played which allowed Clare get that point. Clare were not happy that Colin Ryan was not given a free for being flattened to the ground on the hogan stand side in the 1st half. Another incident they were unhappy about was David McInerney attempting to clear the ball in the first half and being chopped down on and then being pulled up for overcarrying. That was a swing of a point if not 2.
    Either side will need to score enough so that the influence of the referee will not be a talking point, however I cannnot see this happening as it will still be a close match like most of their previous encounters so far this year.
    Refereeing hurling is probably one of the most difficult jobs in sport due to the the number of participants, the speed and the physical nature of the game. So in any game you'll have numberous disputed decisions, but my point is Cork have benefitted from too many possible result changing decisions this season.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2timesin30 For This Useful Post:

The D Man (26-09-13)

Reviews

The obvious rebuttal being Hoggie's sending-off via harsh decision in the Munster Final - perhaps a Cork win and so a potential Cork-Clare semi-final instead of final? On the basis that Corks' semi-final performance was vastly superior than their inept Final performance, and Clares semi not as as good as their final performance , would Clare have even made this years decider against the prob Dub v KK semi winners? Twitterland #paralleluniverse

After respective semis, i fancied us . we played well and though i think Dwyer's sending off was crucial to our win , a few dubs i know thought that we were still the better team - i'm not sure.
    With Lim v Clare , Lim missed 4 frees, missed a one-on-one and clare got a fluke goal : a ten point turnaround in one half. And Clare were pretty efficient with their chances yet Limerick still were in game with 5 mins left.

But then we go back to the very first round, and clare could have been up 9 points at half-time with their goal chances......

Think Clare are a bit too good for us,have the more dependable players and so them to win by 4/5 points.

But i do accept that we are cork and do have that history of winning a-is out of unrated sides so fingers crossed....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

The D Man (27-09-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    The obvious rebuttal being Hoggie's sending-off via harsh decision in the Munster Final - perhaps a Cork win and so a potential Cork-Clare semi-final instead of final? On the basis that Corks' semi-final performance was vastly superior than their inept Final performance, and Clares semi not as as good as their final performance , would Clare have even made this years decider against the prob Dub v KK semi winners? Twitterland #paralleluniverse

After respective semis, i fancied us . we played well and though i think Dwyer's sending off was crucial to our win , a few dubs i know thought that we were still the better team - i'm not sure.
    With Lim v Clare , Lim missed 4 frees, missed a one-on-one and clare got a fluke goal : a ten point turnaround in one half. And Clare were pretty efficient with their chances yet Limerick still were in game with 5 mins left.

But then we go back to the very first round, and clare could have been up 9 points at half-time with their goal chances......

Think Clare are a bit too good for us,have the more dependable players and so them to win by 4/5 points.

But i do accept that we are cork and do have that history of winning a-is out of unrated sides so fingers crossed....
    A Cork man that doesn't have blinding confidence, you will lined up against the wall and shot

Seriously though that is what genuine supporters in Clare are afraid of. Cork's tradition and unbending confidence. No matter how bad a team Cork have they will always think that they can and WILL win.
    Clare up until now never had that confidence. The players and management have it, the supporters are slowly getting it.

A Cork man that doesn't have blinding confidence, you will lined up against the wall and shot

Seriously though that is what genuine supporters in Clare are afraid of. Cork's tradition and unbending confidence. No matter how bad a team Cork have they will always think that they can and WILL win.
    Clare up until now never had that confidence. The players and management have it, the supporters are slowly getting it.
    I think that aspect of it is over played, Cork have lost plenty of All-Ireland finals. Most of this Clare team have All-Ireland U-21 medals and have beaten Cork at underage level, i couldn't see Clare been beaten because of lack of belief. There was plenty of chances for them to fold the first day and they didn't.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 2timesin30 For This Useful Post:

The D Man (27-09-13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast