Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Money or love?

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    My grandparents are married over 50 years. They don't have much money but they do have something money can't buy.
    A house filled with love and memories , kids that still call , grandkids that run around the yard and above all the company of each other.
    Sounds like a pretty sweet life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jack78 View Post
    Maybe that wasn't love??
    One would hope for the love of a parent wouldn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    you cant choose family kate...
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

4. The Following User Says Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (20-09-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    I'd choose to be poor lol

My mother and father have absolutely nothing they don't go on holidays they don't buy expensive stuff or any of that stuff and struggling with bills and stuff and they still always have a smile on there face. So money does not buy happyiess!!

You look at the rich people that's not love !

I will never be rich anyway lol they should make a dating site where only unemployed people can join cause them other sites are crap they all have big jobs or are in collage and they won't even chat too you once you tell them your situation lol

I propose a social welfare dating site

Give me love and be poor anyday
    Just out of curiousity. If your parents are in a good loving relationship. How come you feel so negatively towards love for yourself? Surely you resemble your parents in many ways mentally and physically and if they found each other, then there is someone out there waiting to be found by you?

I don't mean to touch a nerve or cause any upset or offence. Apologies if I did Kate.

I suppose I was thinking of romantic love as opposed to the natural affection type love

saoirse has it in a nutshell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    My grandparents are married over 50 years. They don't have much money but they do have something money can't buy.
    A house filled with love and memories , kids that still call , grandkids that run around the yard and above all the company of each other.
    My grandparents were together just over 60 years and my Granddad was a millionaire. They had both, but funnily enough, he never lived the life of someone wealthy, he was a working class man and lived a working class life and he was the most wonderful man I ever met.

Blog Entries

I don't mean to touch a nerve or cause any upset or offence. Apologies if I did Kate.

I suppose I was thinking of romantic love as opposed to the natural affection type love
    I guess, but look at this way. If you don't have the unconditional love of your parents. How are you supposed to trust the love of someone who can easily walk away? Also on the other side. If you never had to test your own love for someone, because they were never there for you when they should have been. How do you build up the tolerance to forgive?

I know I'm not an exception with this. Millions of people come from broken families and many people don't even know who one of their parents is, but this is the world that we live in and we wonder why relationships don't last any more.

I was lucky to have my Grandparents, but even as a child I could see inequality in their relationship. My Gran was at his beck and call and he could be quite uncouth when he wanted to be and yet he was the nucleus of our family, the bond and when he died it slowly dispersed and didn't gel any more.

We learn about love from our families is all I'm saying.

Blog Entries

So if you had the choice, would you be rich and alone or poor with the low of a good woman/man?
    Love of course......
    How much money do you really need to be happy? Material things will never replace true love. No matter how much you try to fool yourself. At the end of the day they may make you feel temporarly fullfilled but nothing can replace the strength of a good partnership. It is the simple things in life that make us smile
    And if you have a supportive partner you can work through financial stresses together
    Erotic, exciting, enchanting. A brite n bubbly Irish girl at your service! 085 1103435

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leggy Leah For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (21-09-13), saoirsemac (20-09-13)

I guess, but look at this way. If you don't have the unconditional love of your parents. How are you supposed to trust the love of someone who can easily walk away? Also on the other side. If you never had to test your own love for someone, because they were never there for you when they should have been. How do you build up the tolerance to forgive?

I know I'm not an exception with this. Millions of people come from broken families and many people don't even know who one of their parents is, but this is the world that we live in and we wonder why relationships don't last any more.

I was lucky to have my Grandparents, but even as a child I could see inequality in their relationship. My Gran was at his beck and call and he could be quite uncouth when he wanted to be and yet he was the nucleus of our family, the bond and when he died it slowly dispersed and didn't gel any more.

We learn about love from our families is all I'm saying.
    That is so well put Kate. I can relate to the idea of the family being held together by grandparents.
    You mentioned testing your love etc- maybe the fact that the person wasn't there is the greatest test of love. I have a family issue that makes me have real feelings of hate and anger towards my brother, but deep down I do love him. If you feel hurt but the absence of someone, that's probably because of love. Maybe you know more about all f this than you think...
    Just a thought

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast