Thread: Havana, Cuba. Advise needed.

Reviews

Default Havana, Cuba. Advise needed.

Heading off to Cuba later next month.

Few question here.

1. Anything I need to know to watch out (food & drinks) costs or avoid?
    2. I have a contract phone (02 Network) is there a bolt on for cheap calls and texts?
    3. Taking my ipad 3G. Is it possible to get SIM card over there and use their provider. What provider should i go for?
    Ipad is unlocked to any network.
    4. Any tips?

Heading off for 2 week.

Anyone been there or born there please let me know your advise and opinion.

Thank you

DDS
    UBER FREE RIDES U.S ONLY. 10$ FREE RIDE. CONTACT VIA PM

In Havana it can be dangerous. Be careful of the street artists and the locals who walk up to you asking where you are from. I used my o2 phone over there for texts and calls but internet would mot work, have to use the hotel internet cafe for that. Be extra carrful if you are offered cigars in the street, you are only allowed to buy them from shops or factories. You can get arrested for nuying them in the street and was told by holiday rep there its a scam between street traders and cops.

There are street girls offering kisses at 5 pasos. Its a kiss only lol. A tourist trap to get you to take pictures for which you will be charged, amd that goes for scenery and cars, you take a picture they charge you.

Dont wear any flashy watches or jewllery, its a poor country and you will look like a walking wallet
    Last edited by SamanthaAngelManchester; 19-09-13 at 16:26.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Samantha British For This Useful Post:

Derrydoggystyle (19-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Derrydoggystyle View Post
    Heading off to Cuba later next month.

Few question here.

1. Anything I need to know to watch out (food & drinks) costs or avoid?
    2. I have a contract phone (02 Network) is there a bolt on for cheap calls and texts?
    3. Taking my ipad 3G. Is it possible to get SIM card over there and use their provider. What provider should i go for?
    Ipad is unlocked to any network.
    4. Any tips?

Heading off for 2 week.

Anyone been there or born there pl me know your advise and opinion.

Thank you

DDS
    reminds me of an old song...lil white lies lol keep trukin bro

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAngelManchester View Post
    In Havana it can be dangerous. Be careful of the street artists and the locals who walk up to you asking where you are from. I used my o2 phone over there for texts and calls but internet would mot work, have to use the hotel internet cafe for that. Be extra carrful if you are offered cigars in the street, you are only allowed to buy them from shops or factories. You can get arrested for nuying them in the street and was told by holiday rep there its a scam between street traders and cops.

There are street girls offering kisses at 5 pasos. Its a kiss only lol. A tourist trap to get you to take pictures for which you will be charged, amd that goes for scenery and cars, you take a picture they charge you.

Dont wear any flashy watches or jewllery, its a poor country and you will look like a walking wallet
    That's fancastic advise Samantha. Thank you.

Didnt know they charge for taking pictures of Sencery and cars ;0

Again thank.

DDS.
    UBER FREE RIDES U.S ONLY. 10$ FREE RIDE. CONTACT VIA PM

Been there a couple of times, travelled extensively, never charged for a photograph, stayed in peoples houses - google "Casa particulars in Cuba" friendliest locals I have ever come across and above all else the safest destination I have ever been!
    Government depends on tourist revenue and that message filters down
    Don't get me wrong, its a poor place so the people do what they can to make a dollar, but if u scratch beneath the surface u will find a warm, generous and friendly people
    Last edited by lucifersam; 19-09-13 at 20:17.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lucifersam For This Useful Post:

Derrydoggystyle (19-09-13)