Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: returning to education

Default returning to education

I am returning to education soon never went to college and out of school a long time .It didn't worry me until now but i am starting to wonder will i be up to it I am no fool but this isn' t something i am used to did it turn out well for any of you

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magna750 For This Useful Post:

Davybrowneyes (12-09-13), dr love (12-09-13), Sexy Fernanda (12-09-13)

I had a classmate who use to have a career for about 20years, but with the recession he got redundant, he got few thousand eur for any further education, he said it was rather interesting to go back to school, but truly enjoyed it!
    Dunno how is he since we graduated, but hope things worked out for him!

All the best for you further education is always a good thing!!!!
    Good bye Ireland!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (12-09-13), magna750 (12-09-13)

i know 2 guys who just completed a 4 yr course both in there mid thirties, both from a poor backround from council estates, fair play to them.
    What course/college r u goin to? Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pro3 For This Useful Post:

magna750 (12-09-13)

Blog Entries

I left school with nothing, went back to education after being very very ill and wasn't ready and then after having my son I tried again and got a few more GCSE's and an A' Level, which led to my degree and post grad, that I finally graduated with at 31. I'm not stopping there though. I've just enrolled in another course, because keeping my brain active is very important to me and once you have re-entered education you will be hooked. It's nothing like when you were at school.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

dr love (12-09-13), magna750 (12-09-13), westcorklad (12-09-13)

I am in the final year off a four year degree. I'm in my mid 30's and I think it has been the best decision I have ever made. I hadn't been in the education system since i was 20. My Career prospects look good. If I hadn't done this I would probably be unemployed. I would say go for it.
    It has severely hampered my ability to meet any of the ladies here as it is not easy financially but short term pain for long term gain.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveyboy00 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I left school with nothing, went back to education after being very very ill and wasn't ready and then after having my son I tried again and got a few more GCSE's and an A' Level, which led to my degree and post grad, that I finally graduated with at 31. I'm not stopping there though. I've just enrolled in another course, because keeping my brain active is very important to me and once you have re-entered education you will be hooked. It's nothing like when you were at school.
    I used to study from age of six till 27, so id say it was more than enough for me unless i do a PHD im not really interested doing it in my original degree, and i cant see myself to do another master, id love to study one or two more languages
    Good bye Ireland!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

magna750 (12-09-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by magna750 View Post
    I am returning to education soon never went to college and out of school a long time .It didn't worry me until now but i am starting to wonder will i be up to it I am no fool but this isn' t something i am used to did it turn out well for any of you
    i finished my leaving cert in 2002 then went to college in 2004\5 then last year i returned to a fas course and nowstarting another next week , it takes a few days to get back into it but take notes be early an dont miss days , the more you miss the harder it is to catch up

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Yamser For This Useful Post:

magna750 (12-09-13)

I went to college a few years ago (I was in my late 20's) and sat my A-levels in English and Psychology and then resat my GCSE Science (high school level) as I failed miserably. I got an A in Psychology and in English and a B in Science. You'll probably find that life experience will have benefited you greatly in your pursuit for knowledge, so don't worry I also went to university after that, although my financial situation and private life at the time forced me to prematurely leave the course, hence the reason I'm working here
    Last edited by samlad; 12-09-13 at 16:53.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I went to college a few years ago (I was in my late 20's) and sat my A-levels in English and Psychology and then resat my GCSE Science (high school level) as I failed miserably. I got an A in Psychology and in English and a B in Science. You'll probably find that life experience will have benefited you greatly in your pursuit for knowledge, so don't worry I also went to university after that, although my financial situation and private life at the time forced me to prematurely leave the course, hence the reason I'm working here
    Ha ha my financial situation and private life changed too, but I ignored it and kept going and that is why I am here now. Funny how education led us both here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

magna750 (12-09-13)

Reviews

I have completed my masters recently. Was working before that for a few years. College life certainly brought a breath of fresh air in a monotonous corporate life. Im happy i went to college. It definitely opens up new avenues for you. Good luck with ur studies mate !

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentyeight For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast