Thread: Do Leper Colonies still exist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do Leper Colonies still exist?

I was just wondering to my self..do Leper Colonies still exist?
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Yes and there's no cure ....
    Same goes for stupidity
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Yes and there's no cure ....
    Do they have signs outside them?
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

I think so the last one I saw was " taunt me " ...
    Do they only welcome independent Lepers or would the allow groups of Lepers to arrive at the gates in one lot?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    Do they only welcome independent Lepers or would the allow groups of Lepers to arrive at the gates in one lot?
    I dont think there is a welcoming per se, leper colonies take what they get without choice. In medieval times the church equated uncleanliness with sin. This association led to the equivalence between lepers, sin and punishment.

Leprosy is not highly infectious. It is transmitted via droplets, from the nose and mouth, during close and frequent contacts with untreated cases. Therefore it is important to remove the leper lest he may infect the healthier society. Colonies and houses were set up to quarantine. Streets and roads were frequently disinfected outside these leprosariums and the normal healthy society members were warned not to cross the road. Although it is written that sometimes healthy yet undesirables were sent there to rot and die as a form of punishment.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Clyde (10-09-13), QueenBee (10-09-13)

St Peter won't let me in I'm a sinner...
    Yeah but Saint Kevin might?

or

The Knights of the Round Table?
    Last edited by QueenBee; 10-09-13 at 12:58.

Reviews

At what point are all these digs at the site across the road going to be moderated? If it was a regular member that was doing this infractions and/or bans would have been issued long ago.WTF are Samlad and the other message board managers doing?
    Last edited by westcorklad; 10-09-13 at 13:15.
    The Truth is out there.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (10-09-13), Lucy Chambers (10-09-13), Prickly (10-09-13), Shirley Joy (10-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    At what point are all these digs at the site across the road going to be moderated? If it was a regular member that was doing this infractions and/or bans would have been issued long ago.WTF are Samlad and the other message board managers doing?
    Are having a laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I can't ban someone who works above me. Considering that the whole ethos of the 'other' site is to promote negative propaganda and spread malicious rumours about this site and people who work for this company, I guess Queenie feels that she is entitled to retaliate every now and then. Personally, I don't give a toss about the Banned Users Graveyard, but obviously it's good sport for Queenie and I would imagine very cathartic her.