Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Thumbs up Breaking Bad

What would you do if you found out that you only had a few months left to live?

Many people have been telling me how awesome Breaking Bad is, and it's one of those series, like Game of Thrones, where it is easily dismissed until you have actually seen a couple of episodes!

This series recently came up on Netflix, so I thought I would find out what all the hype is about. Now I am hooked!

For those of you that haven't yet seen it or don't really know much about it, Breaking Bad is about all about a 50 year old Albuquerque high school old chemistry teacher called Walter White, who is struggling to make ends-meat to provide for his pregnant wife and teenage son (who suffers with cerebral palsy). As if that wasn't bad enough, Walt is rushed into hospital after a black out to find out that he has an advanced stage of lung cancer with only months left to live, and naturally his family want him to go through chemotherapy to try and prolong his life. However all this is very expensive and Walt is reluctant to spend his remaining days being ill and bed-ridden, not to mention risk leaving his loved ones in thousands of dollars worth of debt should the treatment be unsuccessful.

Walter's brother-in-law, Hank, is a DEA agent, bringing down the dealers and drug lords. One day Walt decides to join a ride-along with Hank and his partner to a local drug bust, where he discovers that one of his ex-students, Jesse Pinkman, is dealing in crystal meth and making a LOT of money from it. With the thought of leaving his family behind with a new born baby and lots of debt, Walt decides to team up with Jesse and apply his chemistry skills to cook up the purest crystal meth anyone has ever seen in order to secure his family with a comfy little nest-egg after he departs.

The series really does serve up a large plate of emotions; on one hand it is hilarious as Walt and Jesse make the most unlikely duo ever imagined, working on a trail-by-error basis getting into the most ridiculous situations, whilst on the other hand we see how Walt's desperation turns him from mild-mannered family man to complete sociopath as he deals with his illness, lies to his loved ones and deals with dangerous psychos just to give his family the security they need after his death. The series also tests our morals, as on one hand we know that it's wrong to manufacture and supply drugs, but given the circumstances, is Walter's situation really justified?

It's an excellent series and well worth a watch. I'm sure many here will agree

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Arianna (25-09-13), Cassandra (13-09-13), client030314 (12-09-13), Clyde (22-01-14), Davybrowneyes (10-09-13), Forrest746 (19-01-14), gisele (07-11-13), nikole_vb3 (30-09-13)

Reviews

Nearly finished season 2.started off slow but as you pointed out it gets better and better as it goes on.he's starting to become a bit of a bad ass isn't he .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Davybrowneyes For This Useful Post:

samlad (10-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Davybrowneyes View Post
    Nearly finished season 2.started off slow but as you pointed out it gets better and better as it goes on.he's starting to become a bit of a bad ass isn't he .
    I'm also just finishing off season two. It's getting gritty now! He is becoming well bad ass

6. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Davybrowneyes (10-09-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I'm also just finishing off season two. It's getting gritty now! He is becoming well bad ass
    You have no idea, this show is amazing possiable the best I have seen, which makes me sad that theres only four epsiodes left. This is up there with The Wire and The Sapranos as all time greats and imo is the best of them.
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (12-09-13), TomEA (10-09-13)

Reviews

Got the first half of season 5 last year but have not looked at it yet , going to wait until I have the complete season 5 and watch it all at once -only way to go

Im just about to watch it ;-)
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Season 5, episode 13 (fully caught up) and it's left it on a testicle tingling cliff-hanger...( I wont spoil anything) but just wait until you lot get to season 5!
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Clyde (22-01-14), Deven (10-09-13)

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Blog Entries
    Reviews

you know the way some people get into charcters before making movies and such like denzel washington hung around pilots and such........... just wondering if they met meth heads and such lol

Reviews

Default Breaking Bad spin-off prequel announced

Just read it on the BBC news website.
    OMG, This is amazing news!

"US network AMC has announced a Breaking Bad spin-off prequel, based around the character of lawyer Saul Goodman.

Better Call Saul will see Bob Odenkirk reprise his role as the crooked criminal lawyer in the one-hour show, AMC and Sony Pictures said.

It added the spin-off would "focus on the evolution" of the character before he came to represent crystal meth kingpin Walter White."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast