Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superman vs. Batman Film Updates! Eek!

Default Superman vs. Batman Film Updates! Eek!

Three big bits of news on the film, some of which you will already know or have predicted. The film, due to be released 2015, has had some more updates to the casting and to the team producing it.

News 1: Affleck is down to play Bruce for a total of 13 appearances.

Look at his smug little face... he's doing that face because, no matter how much we protest, he IS Batman. It's the news we've been dreading... *sob* Affleck is sticking around for good, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro
    Actor Ben Affleck may well be set to don Batman’s cape for ‘multiple’ sequels to the Man Of Steel follow-up, according to a new report.

The Hollywood Reporter has claimed that the Oscar-winner – who was announced as Christian Bale’s Batman successor on Thursday - signed a ‘multi-picture deal’ with producers Warner Bros, indicating he could be wearing the cape for some time to come.

He is also being tipped to play Bruce Wayne in a forthcoming Justice League movie tipped for release in 2015 – the same year that the Man Of Steel sequel, featuring both Superman and Batman, is released.

Reports have suggested that Affleck could also direct that movie as well – having previously turned down the chance to helm Man Of Steel.

News 2: Bryan Cranston confirmed to play Lex Luthor

Perhaps the only good news in this thread... and still not a big surprise, really. He was the favourite to be cast for the role, so we will have to see how he does. What do you think?

Bryan Cranston has reportedly been cast as Lex Luthor in the Batman/Superman team-up sequel to Man of Steel.

The Breaking Bad star is said to have signed up to play Superman’s long-time nemesis for a minimum of six films which could extend to ten.

An official announcement of Cranston’s casting will apparently be scheduled for after Breaking Bad finishes in order for the news to ride the wave of the finale, say Cosmic Book News.

A source told the website: ‘Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor’.

Bryan will be joining a cast which includes Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck who was revealed to have been cast as Batman this week.

News 3: Christopher Nolan stepped down as executive producer

This is a complete shock. It still hasn't been cleared up as to WHY this has happened, but rumours are going around that it is because of the choice to cast Ben Affleck in the part of the Dark Knight.

hristopher Nolan has reportedly stepped down as executive producer of Superman vs Batman, the same week Ben Affleck was announced as the caped crusader.

The rumour stems from a press release sent out about the 2015 Man of Steel sequel, which does not list Nolan or his wife as involved with the film.

The couple were previously serving as executive producers on the project.

It is possible the omission is an error or an oversight, but it comes as a surprise given that Nolan’s name (and by extension, endorsement) is usually used in large font given the success of his Dark Knight trilogy.
    What is going on?! It's just... I can't...

Sources below:
    Ben Affleck set for 'multiple' Batman sequels
    Bryan Cranston confirmed to play Lex Luthor
    Christopher Nolan 'drops out of Superman vs Batman'
    Last edited by lara; 26-08-13 at 16:14.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (26-08-13)

Reviews

They're still going ahead with Affleck despite the huge backlash from fans WORLDWIDE?????

That fool couldn't act his way out of a paper bag let alone play Batman!
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

People Power!!

https://www.change.org/petitions/war...n-batman-movie

Also I would also like to start the Debate, that if Afflek is got good enough for the job, then who is?
    What about Ryan Goslin
    Last edited by Best Before; 27-08-13 at 12:05.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Daredevil should have been enough discouragement for them not to cast Affleck in a superhero film! 13 films is an awful lot. He must be going to have the job for at least 15 years at that rate! With that many films people will be sick of Batman and Superman.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

samlad (27-08-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    They're still going ahead with Affleck despite the huge backlash from fans WORLDWIDE?????

No he couldn't. He's a bad choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    People Power!!

https://www.change.org/petitions/war...n-batman-movie

Also I would also like to start the Debate, that if Afflek is got good enough for the job, then who is?
    What about Ryan Goslin
    I don't really rate Gosling as an actor. He's alright for RomComs and the like, but not really Batman. We need a more seasoned Batman for the role, someone believable. He's too pretty. Batman shouldn't be pretty any more. He's tougher, he's lived through lots, and he is going to be trying to kick Superman into shape (because Superman is, to the Bat anyway, DANGEROUS). Get someone a bit more grisley-looking (like Josh Brolin)

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Daredevil should have been enough discouragement for them not to cast Affleck in a superhero film! 13 films is an awful lot. He must be going to have the job for at least 15 years at that rate! With that many films people will be sick of Batman and Superman.
    There is going to be a JLA movie at some point, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that most of those 13 are only cameo appearances in other films

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Best Before (27-08-13)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post

The internet makes it easy for 'backlashes' nowadays. There was a lot of backlash when Michael Keaton was announced to play Batman. And more recently when Heath Ledger was announced to play the Joker. Chris Evans to play Cap.

Ben Affleck is actually quite a good actor. Check out The Town and Argo. He's also a capabale director having directed both of those and the very good Gone Baby Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Daredevil was 10 years ago and Ben Affleck was not the reason it was an average movie. There was far too much information shoved into it, and even the director's cut, although much better than the theatrical release, had a lot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
    The internet makes it easy for 'backlashes' nowadays. There was a lot of backlash when Michael Keaton was announced to play Batman. And more recently when Heath Ledger was announced to play the Joker. Chris Evans to play Cap.

Ben Affleck is actually quite a good actor. Check out The Town and Argo. He's also a capabale director having directed both of those and the very good Gone Baby Gone.
    He's a far better director than he is actor. I'm just not sure he is cut out to play Gotham's Dark Knight.

As for the backlash, I can't ever remember thinking "Ledger is a bad choice for the Joker". He did well with what he was given, and clearly dedicated himself to the role. Was there a lot of stick for Chris Evans? I thought that was because he'd been the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four film:

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    He's a far better director than he is actor. I'm just not sure he is cut out to play Gotham's Dark Knight.

As for the backlash, I can't ever remember thinking "Ledger is a bad choice for the Joker". He did well with what he was given, and clearly dedicated himself to the role. Was there a lot of stick for Chris Evans? I thought that was because he'd been the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four film:

He won't have to carry the movie by himself though. At least not the first one. That's pretty much how I felt about Cavill in Man of Steel. He didn't dominate the movie and I suppose you could say he was eased into the role acting alongside bigger names. It's very likely that Bryan Cranston will steal the show anyway. The bad guys generally do.

There was a lot of "gay cowboy as Joker? No way!" talk regarding Ledger. And I'm pretty sure there was a petition for Chris Evans to be dropped from the role as Cap. I think a lot of it was because FF was such a poor effort. Although Chris Evans' Johnny Storm was the best thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    No he couldn't. He's a bad choice!

I don't really rate Gosling as an actor. He's alright for RomComs and the like, but not really Batman. We need a more seasoned Batman for the role, someone believable. He's too pretty. Batman shouldn't be pretty any more. He's tougher, he's lived through lots, and he is going to be trying to kick Superman into shape (because Superman is, to the Bat anyway, DANGEROUS). Get someone a bit more grisley-looking (like Josh Brolin)

There is going to be a JLA movie at some point, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that most of those 13 are only cameo appearances in other films
    Josh Brolin could be a good choice, or even Jon Hamm from Mad Men.

Or wait, what about Jason Statham, he already has the ninja Moves Nailed!!
    Last edited by Best Before; 27-08-13 at 13:31. Reason: Just remembered Statham!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
    He won't have to carry the movie by himself though. At least not the first one. That's pretty much how I felt about Cavill in Man of Steel. He didn't dominate the movie and I suppose you could say he was eased into the role acting alongside bigger names. It's very likely that Bryan Cranston will steal the show anyway. The bad guys generally do.

There was a lot of "gay cowboy as Joker? No way!" talk regarding Ledger. And I'm pretty sure there was a petition for Chris Evans to be dropped from the role as Cap. I think a lot of it was because FF was such a poor effort. Although Chris Evans' Johnny Storm was the best thing about it.
    I liked Chris Evans as Captain America, and I absolutely adored Henry Cavill as Superman The thing is, both Superman and Batman are big shoes to fill, and the pressure is unreal. I think the reason that Man of Steel got the names it did was to ensure that the cast was not going to be the thing that let it down. It had to be perfect. It's going to be the same for Ben Affleck, but I'm still not sure he is the best person for the part. His director's insight might fair him well, but that might not be enough.

I'm not going to lie, I sobbed like a baby watching Captain America. So many parts that just got to you, and that was because it was so well acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    Josh Brolin could be a good choice, or even Jon Hamm from Mad Men.

Or wait, what about Jason Statham, he already has the ninja Moves Nailed!!
    Out of all of those, my money would be on Josh Brolin. Statham isn't Batman, and I'm sure Hamm could be a good Batman, but Brolin has the potential to be THE Bat:

He's got the right look, considering how old Bruce is supposed to be now and everything that has happened.
    Last edited by lara; 27-08-13 at 13:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast