Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for someonein the building game

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Hi all
    Can anyone give a an approx. cost on the below

approx. cost to build a Garage 12ft x 25ft approx. (brick with pluming electric and windows and doors)

Having a contractor build a standard garage typically runs about €35 -€45 a square foot. A small, single-car garage is about 240 square feet, or €8,400 -€10,800; for a two-car structure it's around 380 square feet, or €13,300 -€17,100. These prices are for a square foot, if your garage is not square then these prices to not apply and you will need a contractor that builds rectangular garages.

approx. cost for 3 fully fitted rooms wardrobes (two double rooms, on single)
    Fitting a wardrobe is quite easy. It’s the carrying it up the stairs is the hard part. Best have a friend that will help you. There are some lovely wardrobes for sale in furniture shops. I would suggest you get biggie ones for the double rooms and a smallie for the single room.
    Little tip here… putting a biggie into a single room will look stupid and will take up too much space.

Here's a helpful link... http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-s...niture/5196047.

approx. cost to rewire fully a house approx.. 1200sqf
    To rewire a whole house is a big job. You can get lots of different types of wires in some nice colours too. Most are red and black, but Ive seen ones with blue, brown and a lovely combination of yellow and green. These may be more expensive so watch out there. Wiring is easy really and a job you should consider doing yourself. All you need is the following:

Lots of wire.
    A screw driver
    A sharp knife or a wire cutters
    A few rolls of black sticky tape.
    A hammer and some nails.
    Sockets and switches

Simply run the wires all over the house banging in nails every so often to keep them neat. With the screwdriver screw them into the socket things and then bang the sockets into the wall where necessary. Do the same with the switch things.

Here is a helpful link.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_2n968xws8j_b

Now whats next... oh yeah...
    approx. cost to put whole new heating system in (gas)
    Gas heaters are great. But some say they can burn up the oxygen in the room, leading to death. Opening a window should sort this. Heaters can cost as little as £69.99 stg, (that’s a bit more in euro mind). They can look lovely and homely and would enhance any type of room…

Heres a helpful link.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_1kv5qby7vb_b

approx. cost to re-plaster the whole house
    I have no idea... sorry..

approx. cost on putting a downstairs toilet & WC from scratch,
    Toilets can be awkward to fit into and existing house because of the plumbing problems & the pipes and stuff. You could save a lot of money by buying a second hand trailer toilet. These usually are cleaned out and look like new when delivered.

Little tip here: check locks on the doors... as I saw one once in Slane that would not lock and it was necessary to have a friend stand outside to make sure nobody goes in while you are doing a pooh.

Heres a helpful link… http://secondhand-toilet-units.co.uk/

If anyone could give me rough figures I would appreciate it,

Thanks
    Ray
    Hope you find this helpful Ray. I did not answer all questions but you certainly have a lot to go on here.

Your friend

James.

(Are you for fuckin real bud?.... )

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

amylove69 (24-08-13), Ray (23-08-13), viber (23-08-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    Ray, this belongs in the "E-I the Soap Opera" section
    or even client requests

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Having a contractor build a standard garage typically runs about €35 -€45 a square foot. A small, single-car garage is about 240 square feet, or €8,400 -€10,800; for a two-car structure it's around 380 square feet, or €13,300 -€17,100. These prices are for a square foot, if your garage is not square then these prices to not apply and you will need a contractor that builds rectangular garages.

Fitting a wardrobe is quite easy. It’s the carrying it up the stairs is the hard part. Best have a friend that will help you. There are some lovely wardrobes for sale in furniture shops. I would suggest you get biggie ones for the double rooms and a smallie for the single room.
    Little tip here… putting a biggie into a single room will look stupid and will take up too much space.

To rewire a whole house is a big job. You can get lots of different types of wires in some nice colours too. Most are red and black, but Ive seen ones with blue, brown and a lovely combination of yellow and green. These may be more expensive so watch out there. Wiring is easy really and a job you should consider doing yourself. All you need is the following:

Lots of wire.
    A screw driver
    A hammer and some nails.
    Sockets and switches

Simply run the wires all over the house banging in nails every so often to keep them neat. With the screwdriver screw them into the socket things and then bang the sockets into the wall where necessary. Do the same with the switch things.

Gas heaters are great. But some say they can burn up the oxygen in the room, leading to death. Opening a window should sort this. Heaters can cost as little as £69.99 stg, (that’s a bit more in euro mind). They can look lovely and homely and would enhance any type of room…

Toilets can be awkward to fit into and existing house because of the plumbing problems & the pipes and stuff. You could save a lot of money by buying a second hand trailer toilet. These usually are cleaned out and look like new when delivered.

Little tip here: check locks on the doors... as I saw one once in Slane that would not lock and it was necessary to have a friend stand outside to make sure nobody goes in while you are doing a pooh.

Hope you find this helpful Ray. I did not answer all questions but you certainly have a lot to go on here.

Your friend

James.

I see you got fitted for a brand spanking new set of smarty pants today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (23-08-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I see you got fitted for a brand spanking new set of smarty pants today.
    must have been one of those pairs of elite smarty pants

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

dob (23-08-13), JAMESCORK (23-08-13)

Reviews

...no idea of prices, but keep in mind new Health n Safety regs. just in...you might need prepare safety statement..have works supervised,...etc...etc..
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. ~Søren Kierkegaard

Blog Entries
    Reviews

My friend James, thank you so much, you are a wonderful guy for taking the time or piss outa me, but I do thank you, not even a good old FUCK OFF Ray, you alright>>>????

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post

Lots of wire.
    A screw driver
    A hammer and some nails.
    Sockets and switches

Your friend

James.

I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (23-08-13)

Reviews

My friend James, thank you so much, you are a wonderful guy for taking the time or piss outa me, but I do thank you, not even a good old FUCK OFF Ray, you alright>>>????
    Fuck off ray.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Larrii (23-08-13), Ray (23-08-13)

Blog Entries

Hi all

approx. cost to build a Garage 12ft x 25ft approx. (brick with pluming electric and windows and doors)

Thanks
    Ray
    about 10,000 punts.

Westside.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Ray (26-08-13)

Blog Entries

Hi all

Thanks
    Ray
    To answer your q it depends on the spec.

Westside.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Ray (26-08-13)

You would be wrong my dear,

It was a joke pet,,,
    Some people have to have the last word,
    but they don't actually want you to stop talking,
    as they like the sound of their own voices too much.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to amylove69 For This Useful Post:

Ray (26-08-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast