Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suicide

Blog Entries

Thumbs down suicide

Sorry to be negative but I was just went out to have a cigarette and saw a complete stranger jump in to the river trying to committee suicide, I am totally gobsmacked by people’s reactions and lack of emotions .So very sorry but just needed to share.

So sorry to be negative but a bit or more than a bit fucked at the mow..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

client030314 (14-08-13), LaBelleThatcher (14-08-13), Lucy Chambers (14-08-13), Melindablondey (14-08-13), Rocker123 (14-08-13)

Reviews

Thank god I don´t smoke Seeing something like that can make you feel a bit helpless, if you are unable to do anything. I have to say, I would be wary of going in after the person, you could end up with two dead if it went wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvonteese View Post
    Sorry to be negative but I was just went out to have a cigarette and saw a complete stranger jump in to the river trying to committee suicide, I am totally gobsmacked by people’s reactions and lack of emotions .So very sorry but just needed to share.

When I pulled a guy out of the river years back one of the tough guys trying to throw a life into him said to me "you never know what youd catch in there". I said I caught him and a large trout. I can swim better than I can walk and he has only one life, I can have a couple of showers. A lot of people are clowns in a circus that doesnt pay them.

By the way if anyone is ever throwing a lifebuoy out to someone drowning throw it upstream because it gives them a chance to grab it. Failing that tell them to flow with the flow of the river into the wall and grab it. Failing that unless your a good swimmer let him there for the emergency services.

sincerely,
    Westside.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Doozer (14-08-13), JMastodon (14-08-13), LaBelleThatcher (14-08-13), Melindablondey (14-08-13), Rocker123 (14-08-13), Sweet Disposition (14-08-13), thehighwayman (14-08-13)

Life is not always easy, and a lot of people struggle to make a decent living. We should change the all society, but they thought us how to be selfish and blind, and nothing will change....Fuck this

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theitalian For This Useful Post:

LaBelleThatcher (14-08-13), Melindablondey (14-08-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    I would be wary of going in after the person, you could end up with two dead if it went wrong.
    your a wise guy. When someone is on shock or panic they will grab hard and you go down too. I ducked under the water when I was about five feet from him and came up under him grabbing him by the chest from behind so he was always in front of me so I could kick him off if I needed to do it which thankfully I didnt. Unless you are a very good swimmer and wouldnt have a hesitation kicking the person off you again them let them there for the emergency services. In fact best thing to do is go home rather than look on helpless.

Westside.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (14-08-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvonteese View Post

People do not lack emotion...that is just shock...we are designed to react that way to crises so that we are cool enough to think and have time to process our distress.

You may have looked the same to others, but, by now, a couple of hours later you may be in quite significant shock. That isn't just upset...it is a clinical condition. Perhaps feeling shakey and even very sleepy.

You might be a lot better of to have a warm drink or even a stiff drink, then cancelling everything and doing whatever you feel will be most kind to yourself. I would crawl under the bedclothes, get warm and sleep, but people can react very differently, you may need company.

It is only to your credit as a human being that this strangers distress has affected you so deeply.

I salute you.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (14-08-13), Melindablondey (14-08-13), Nicole (14-08-13), Sweet Disposition (14-08-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    People do not lack emotion...
    A lot do lack emotion. They are selfish bastards. They turn the thing into a spectator sport like those who stand there watching a person being put into an abulance instead of fuckin off about their business and giving the person a bit of dignity.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    A lot do lack emotion. They are selfish bastards. They turn the thing into a spectator sport like those who stand there watching a person being put into an abulance instead of fuckin off about their business and giving the person a bit of dignity.

Westside.
    I was in ASDA once and paramedics rushed it to help someone because something had happened. Loads were stopping to get a good look, almost forming a circle around them. I may or may not have purposefully knocked my trolley into them

It's like when there is an accident on the road. People don't slow because they are concerned of damage or danger - they slow so they can look

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I was in ASDA once and paramedics rushed it to help someone because something had happened. Loads were stopping to get a good look, almost forming a circle around them. I may or may not have purposefully knocked my trolley into them

It's like when there is an accident on the road. People don't slow because they are concerned of damage or danger - they slow so they can look
    I never do. Its lacking common decency.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post

But those are not the kind of people Lady Von Teese needs to be focussing on right now after the shock she has had...and they are not everybody, far from it...

...and may I take this opportunity to remind you both that *I* am the Field Marshal General Grand Pooh Bar Chief Cynic around here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast