Thread: Oprah victim of racism

Default Oprah victim of racism

US talk show host Oprah Winfrey has said she was the victim of racism during a recent shopping trip in Switzerland.

The media mogul, who is one of the world’s richest women, told a US television show that a shop assistant in Zurich refused to show her a handbag because it was “too expensive” for her.

“I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn’t have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously The Oprah Winfrey Show is not shown in Zurich,” she told the Entertainment Tonight programme.
    The woman is a multibillionairre lol
    Id say the Swiss guy was fired. You have to wonder how he didnt realise who it was

Last edited by Doozer; 09-08-13 at 21:49.

Reviews

Jesus christ what an ignorant moron. Do I think it was racist? Yes, regardless if you know it was Oprah or not. Simply judged her on the colour of her skin. Nothing else.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Jesus christ what an ignorant moron. Do I think it was racist? Yes, regardless if you know it was Oprah or not. Simply judged her on the colour of her skin. Nothing else.
    Your dead right, but still, Oprah. She could probably buy Switzerland let alone the shop
    Hard to believe that things like this still go on

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Your dead right, but still, Oprah. She could probably buy Switzerland let alone the shop
    Hard to believe that things like this still go on
    Christ she probably has enough $$$$'s to bail out Ireland and buy a sizable chunk of continental Europe let alone just Switzerland!

21st century humans, yet 19th century thinking still occurs.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

The bag was $38,000, unless there was $37,000 in cash inside it I would consider it a bit on the expensive side no matter what colour my skin is.

Reviews

two sides to every story. here's the full version.
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...cist-treatment

I don't buy the shop owner's declaration,
    it was discrimination "pretty woman style", plain ans simple.

Reviews

I think she is just making a big fuss out of it cause he didn't know who she was. Anyway I don't know her but over 34 thousand euro for a bag she should be ashamed of herself imagine the amount of people starving in the world that money could help. She is a money crazed moron greedy bitch

I only ever heard of her a few times anyway so I don't care about her

And no I don't think it was racist I think they are totally making a big fuss about it if the bag was that price of course he would if thought that not because of the colour of her skin or anything but the price of the fucking bag you could buy a while fucking country lol

Oprey if your reading this I hope you loose all your money and become bankrupt you don't deserve money if your wasting that much on stupid bags. Get a life your not that important of a person anyway boohoo so what if he didn't know who you were

But nope I honestly didn't see it as racism

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Their national sport is 'schwingen' - wrestling in leather nappies - check out the crowd for the colour of your average swiss.

It was unforgivable, but we also wouldn't have heard about it without a bit of help from Oprah's PR team with its own agenda...

Mmmm-hmm