Thread: Toyota cars

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHeaven View Post
    Apparently it's just something to do with the steering feeling a bit heavy

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2aNclSadP
    Thankyou leather x x x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

client030314 (29-07-13)

Reviews

Not surpassing Toyota toped the most recalls for a brand in 2012 with a whopping 5,330,643 worldwide across the range followed in second place by Honda with 3,363,343. All manufacturers recall vehicles especially new models as they come across small problems that only show up as these vehicles get some miles on them The vast majority of these recalls would be of fairly minor problems but some could potentially comprise safty.Thats why when you get contacted for a recall on your vehicle it is advisable to have it done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (28-07-13)

Thankyou very much paul i think i will change my car thankyou so much for that x x x x x

Reviews

Right god forbid what happens if lets say your dodgy Toyota is stolen from outside your house and while the thieves are doing 160kmp down the motorway with you running after them that the steering locks and they crash
    can they then sue toyota

7. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (29-07-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda blondey View Post
    Hi i was just wondering did any one else get a letter from toyota garage to bring their car back i got a letter to say to bring my car back that theres a fault with the steering wheel thanks xxx
    That did happen. I read somewhere that they were recalling a lot of cars of a certain make and year. Its only a small thing though as toyota are a very good make of car.

Westside.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Paul View Post
    Not surpassing Toyota toped the most recalls for a brand in 2012 with a whopping 5,330,643 worldwide across the range followed in second place by Honda with 3,363,343. All manufacturers recall vehicles especially new models as they come across small problems that only show up as these vehicles get some miles on them The vast majority of these recalls would be of fairly minor problems but some could potentially comprise safty.Thats why when you get contacted for a recall on your vehicle it is advisable to have it done.

Toyota have a good name and a huge market share. They cant afford to be screwing around so they would recall for any minor thing.

Westside.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    That did happen. I read somewhere that they were recalling a lot of cars of a certain make and year. Its only a small thing though as toyota are a very good make of car.

Westside.
    Yes they are a very good make of a car have to bring it back at 3 today they said it would take about 2 hours x x x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Toyota have a good name and a huge market share. They cant afford to be screwing around so they would recall for any minor thing.

Westside.
    The vast majority of recalls on most makes are indeed for minor problems but equally there are always one or two not so minor issues as happened in 2012 where a large number of air bags (which in an accident may not deploy) had to be replaced across the Honda and Toyota ranges which I am sure you would agree is a major safety issue.
    The recall that Melinda's car is subject to is to replace the power steering control module,Short circuits could be caused in the vehicles by water droplets forming on certain wires in the power steering control module. As a result, the power steering assist could be suspended, making the steering heavier, its estimated that this particular recall will affect 185,000 vehicles world wide.
    Last month, Toyota announced it would recall about 242,000 hybrid vehicles worldwide, including the best-selling Prius, due to a brake design flaw and don't even start me on the problems they are having with their diesel engines suffice to say if a head gasket problem arises outside warranty you could be looking at a potential €5000 repair bill.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

Hi ajj i just thought i would let youse know i brought my car to the garage at 3 today it took 2 hours and they checked the steering wheel and all was fine so they didnt have to change it so they said they were sorry for all the inconvience and offered to valate it and wash the car so its safe to drive now x x x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (29-07-13)

Reviews

Glad to hear all was ok, thats a relief for you anyway.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (30-07-13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123