Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to get Political..........there is a way to beat Ruhama. PLEASE READ

Reviews

Default Time to get Political..........there is a way to beat Ruhama. PLEASE READ

Lying in bed the other night I had an inspiration,

We, E-I punters, are a force to be reckoned with...................over 57,210 members.

That is quite a large number..................Politicians ......take note?

Now for every member there is about five "guests" who visit here.

All these members and guests have a vote......................that is a huge block of votes.

A block of this size requires management and what better way than via the internet.

The only problems with politicians trying to manage their votes via the internet is that they are unsure if their target voters see their postings.

We have no such problems as we know our target voters check in here regularly.

So on to the management of our votes.

We would list all 41 constituencies and target one government TD (who was lucky to get elected) in there as the one who would get no vote at all from our members. He would already be vulnerable so he might lose his seat

We would pick one opposition hopeful who nearly made it last time but was short a few votes and we would give him our Number 1

That way we could swing a number of Dail seats and thus be taken seriously by politicians in the future.

We can't, for obvious reason, march to Government buildings and protest openly BUT we can have our voices heard through the secret ballot of the vote.

It would need to be very much a concerted effort by all the members and guests so that it would hurt sitting government TD where it matters most to them.

Also with a campaign of this nature political analysts will be unable to decipher exactly what effect our "blacklisting" certain sitting TD and supporting other opposition hopeful will have had on the overall outcome.

We will be in a situation where if a TD loses a seat we can claim credit and if a hopeful from the opposition gains one we can also claim the credit.

This is just a rough idea and we have time on our side to plan it.

I'd be interested to hear other ideas, mine may not be the best but it is one that could be tried.

We would make 41 sitting TDs very nervous. The rest of the government TDs would worry about the lack of transfers

Just my two cents worth...........................

MM

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magicman For This Useful Post:

errisx (26-07-13), mic1980 (26-07-13), Tony soprano22 (29-07-13)

Reviews

Count me in!! Although it would be difficult to get people on here to agree on a candidate and political views, but yeah count me in! It's worth a bash

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post

We, E-I punters, are a force to be reckoned with...................over 57,210 members.

All these members and guests have a vote......................that is a huge block of votes.

A block of this size requires management and what better way than via the internet.

The only problems with politicians trying to manage their votes via the internet is that they are unsure if their target voters see their postings.

We would list all 41 constituencies and target one government TD (who was lucky to get elected) in there as the one who would get no vote at all from our members. He would already be vulnerable so he might lose his seat

We would pick one opposition hopeful who nearly made it last time but was short a few votes and we would give him our Number 1

That way we could swing a number of Dail seats and thus be taken seriously by politicians in the future.

We can't, for obvious reason, march to Government buildings and protest openly BUT we can have our voices heard through the secret ballot of the vote.

It would need to be very much a concerted effort by all the members and guests so that it would hurt sitting government TD where it matters most to them.

Also with a campaign of this nature political analysts will be unable to decipher exactly what effect our "blacklisting" certain sitting TD and supporting other opposition hopeful will have had on the overall outcome.

We will be in a situation where if a TD loses a seat we can claim credit and if a hopeful from the opposition gains one we can also claim the credit.

I'd be interested to hear other ideas, mine may not be the best but it is one that could be tried.

We would make 41 sitting TDs very nervous. The rest of the government TDs would worry about the lack of transfers

MM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gambor For This Useful Post:

Magicman (26-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post

MM
    But there were only six non government tds that voted against the Pringle bill and the most likely opposition parties ff and sf are strongly torl. But it. Is a good idea none the less. (Tds were Ming, Wallace clare daly Joan Collins Boyd Barrett and John halligan. Not exactly mainstream.)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Clyde (26-07-13), Magicman (26-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gambor View Post
    Count me in!! Although it would be difficult to get people on here to agree on a candidate and political views, but yeah count me in! It's worth a bash
    It would be up to E-I to decide on who the 41 targets were to blacklist and also who the 41 opposition hopefuls should be.
    It might need E-I to harness the resources of some professional Political Analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    But there were only six non government tds that voted against the Pringle bill and the most likely opposition parties ff and sf are strongly torl. But it. Is a good idea none the less. (Tds were Ming, Wallace clare daly Joan Collins Boyd Barrett and John halligan. Not exactly mainstream.)
    There was no campaign in operation for the Pringle Bill.
    TDs change when they are under pressure..............if they believe that that pressure could result in them losing their seat.

MM

Reviews

Whenever the next local election comes up ,list the candidates here and find out their views ,then suggest on here to members in that area who to vote for and tell the candidates that you will be doing this also county council elections or even voting for lord mayor

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

Magicman (26-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zoozoozoo View Post
    Whenever the next local election comes up ,list the candidates here and find out their views ,then suggest on here to members in that area who to vote for and tell the candidates that you will be doing this also county council elections or even voting for lord mayor
    Hugh numbers of candidates go for the Councils......................could be difficult to list all. But I like the idea and hopefully E-I might run with it or even with the vote for mayor.

MM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicman For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (26-07-13)

Reviews

Out of the 57,000 members how many are currently active do you think?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

EIFII (26-07-13), Magicman (26-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    20-30 I think would be generous. My guess is that most clients review profiles on the website to choose their punts and little else.

Also whilst sympathetic to the general thought direction of the OP I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of voting (or not) for a candidate on the basis of a single issue.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    That is the question........................likewise with the number of guests.

We can only speculate but political pundits would have no idea at all. As far as they would be aware all 57210 members are active with the odd exception that they might be aware of (themselves)

But it is an excellent point and one that should be remembered. Thanks for making it.

MM

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicman For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (26-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    20-30 I think would be generous. My guess is that most clients review profiles on the website to choose their punts and little else.

Also whilst sympathetic to the general thought direction of the OP I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of voting (or not) for a candidate on the basis of a single issue.
    I suspect that the number of active members would be much higher but the single issue might detract from the numbers voting as requested.

As I write in the early afternoon there are 68 members and over 200 guests here.

Thanks for you very welcomed input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast