Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Photoshop x

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    Eek didnt mean to get on the wrong side of you, i am not disagreeing, as I said minor work which would be bluring gimp is perfect but if you were using a professional photographer I would expect them to have the tools of the trade so to speak. Also when I say its better I am talking more in an ease of use or for more complex work, Gimp is fine and at cost of free verses €670 for photoshop I would recommend it for anyone who didnt have a professional need for it.
    lol you're not on the wrong side of me. I'm not that easy to fall out with. You need to read from the start though. Stephanie had some pics taken professionally and he has over photoshopped them and we were discussing how she could perhaps rescue them herself and she wished she knew how to blur, so assuming she does not have photoshop and if that is all she wanted it for, I thought to suggest photoshop a waste of money just for blurring, so suggested 'gimp'. Me I have photoshop CS5 and enjoy learning how to use it, but likely only use fraction of what it is capable of, as it is time consuming, but photography is one of my hobbies, so I don't mind when I get the opportunity.

Having said all that. A version of photoshop has been added via a post, so if anyone hasn't got it, get it downloaded now!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (25-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    lol you're not on the wrong side of me. I'm not that easy to fall out with.
    Good
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (26-07-13)

Question

If you're using windows7, simply go to the picture file, click on the picture, then right click (edit), click on resize at the top and you can resize for the required pixels or by percentage. That is the easiest way and then rename it if you want to keep the large version too.

blurring pics takes seconds Stephanie, it's the other details, like taking out items in the back ground etc, that take time, which is why I often get fed up and end up blurring the back ground too. Not the best look, but... a girls only got so much free time!
    Ergh, sorry to keep going w this tread

What size file for the Album, please ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Ergh, sorry to keep going w this tread

What size file for the Album, please ?
    Ummm... what do you mean? lol I usually go by percentage if reducing and depending on how big it was to start with, say around 3000 pixels. I'll reduce to about 25/30% and that seems to achieve a size that can be used on most websites. If using a pic as an avatar then you want 100 by 100 pixels.

Does that help or have I misunderstood?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (26-07-13), Stephanie (26-07-13)

Ummm... what do you mean? lol I usually go by percentage if reducing and depending on how big it was to start with, say around 3000 pixels. I'll reduce to about 25/30% and that seems to achieve a size that can be used on most websites. If using a pic as an avatar then you want 100 by 100 pixels.

Does that help or have I misunderstood?
    Nah, that's perfect. Thank you x

So play I shall over the weekend, and see what I come up with
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    What you all think ?

I see Sophie's , Rach's new pictures and I want sum bright and shiny ! They are beautiful !

But until my own are rescued, can I temporarily get away w the other kind ? Or do I just wait
    I think you can be lucky in having the right lighting and someone with a good eye for a photograph (yourself or a 'volunteer' ;-) and get great shots. I've seen clearly amateur shots (here and elsewhere) that are very good - good enough that I'd think they might have another career path open if they wanted it.

Too many supposedly 'professional' photographers have no eye, and photoshop their subjects to death.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456