Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many .. ? xx

Question How Many .. ? xx

How many days did you work last month ? In the last 30 days ?

Enjoy it, or can hardly stand it ? Do you always know ahead of time when you will have time off,

or is it more on a whim (yours or your boss's..) ?

If you are self employed, what makes you go to work ? Having to pay bills, or the joy of your job ?

What IS work ethic ? .. << I guess that's my main question..

Do you have it ? Do you don't ?

{eh, just re reading my post.. questions too personal ? Just skip it so }

In your job do you work silently by yourself, or work with people.. and so when you have time off do you seek

company or solitude ? <<< *following from D's thread xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (24-07-13)

Probably around 15-20 days,

Enjoy it til i get a smelly/rude client *rarely* then i get moody

Self employed yes...

I sometimes work alone in hotels, other time i may share an apartment with a beautiful lady, i like the best of both, sometimes, i'm a loner who loves my own space, other times, i like the laughs you can have with another girl and the occasional 3sum sshhh

Work ethic - Work hard , play hard, also if i work hard i can reward myself with holidays, nice clothes, shoes, handbags and spoil my baby nieces (probably a little too much)

So, for the next 10 days, i may work my ass off, knowing then i have 2 weeks in the sun with the people i love , can't wait yippeeeeee

So, there ya go you nosey bitch......

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SophieX For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (22-07-13), ciara (23-07-13), Stephanie (22-07-13), wiseman (22-07-13)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Probably around 15-20 days,

Enjoy it til i get a smelly/rude client *rarely* then i get moody

Self employed yes...

I sometimes work alone in hotels, other time i may share an apartment with a beautiful lady, i like the best of both, sometimes, i'm a loner who loves my own space, other times, i like the laughs you can have with another girl and the occasional 3sum sshhh

Work ethic - Work hard , play hard, also if i work hard i can reward myself with holidays, nice clothes, shoes, handbags and spoil my baby nieces (probably a little too much)

So, for the next 10 days, i may work my ass off, knowing then i have 2 weeks in the sun with the people i love , can't wait yippeeeeee

So, there ya go you nosey bitch......
    truth be told, didn't expect anyone to post so much detail !!, and this defo not the answer I would have though

You'd be much like me so... except you're more fun xxx

{I was doing my books last night, and it just occurred to me how other people might be }

So my question remains : What IS work ethic ?

Is it a feeling of responsibility (for your family , or to your boss, to your clients) ? Or something else ?

Does it stem from obligation, or from enjoyment ?

One might dislike the job, but enjoy the fruits of it.. so their work ethic might still be driven by pleasure ?

Have no idea where I'm going with this x

Have some vague notions (and maybe a realisation) in my cobwebby head this morning xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

thewren (22-07-13)

Reviews

I worked 30, gotta do what ya gotta do, at work now on my phone
    Last edited by NoBrain2; 22-07-13 at 09:44.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain2 View Post
    I worked 30, gotta do what ya gotta do, at work now on my phone
    Hat's off. I couldn't do that.. I must have alone time.. xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

NoBrain2 (22-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    24/7 alegedly I run a huge empire....
    Your stamina my friend, is Legendary x don't you know ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Clyde (22-07-13)

Reviews

I work 5days per week 55hours for somebody ive got a lonely job rarely speak to people during the day id love to change jobs but nothing else there and the bills need to b paid so can't really quit i do get depressed alot doing same thing but i guess its my life waking up for work then waiting to get finished its like watching life pass by and just standing there looking of i could turn back time i would change everything i have done as i think most choices i have done have been the wrong ones in probably going off topic now so better stop writing lol

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mic1980 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-07-13), thewren (22-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Is it a feeling of responsibility (for your family , or to your boss, to your clients) ? Or something else ?

Does it stem from obligation, or from

One might dislike the job, but enjoy the fruits of it.. so their work ethic might still be driven by pleasure ?

Have some vague notions (and maybe a realisation) in my cobwebby head this morning xx
    I work a 4x12 hr week and a couple of hours on a Fri.
    Self employed with 6 employees
    It was 35 during the boom but now just six lads who have been with me 20- 25 years.
    I know them their wives their kids so I feel a sense of responsibility towards them.
    I have no real financial need to work but I have worked the last 35 years without ever being unemployed
    so I have a strong work ethic and would get bored without the challenge of running a business and finding enough work to
    keep 6 men busy.
    It's gets harder with paperwork and form filling ,health and safety etc ,but I enjoy the buzz and the challenge.
    Not one for sitting around or playing golf every day.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

Harry123 (24-07-13), Larrii (22-07-13), Naughtylittlefecker (23-07-13), Stephanie (22-07-13), thewren (22-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Does it stem from obligation, or from enjoyment ?

I am self employed for the last year or so, yet even before that I always felt that I worked for myself, that was what was important to me and if my efforts were to the benefit of another person/company than great, so be it but it would not be a driving force, to pay bills/family ? No.

For me it is so important to give it my all and enjoy the challenge, at the end of the day to go home with that self satisfaction, be it a good day or bad, knowing I did my best.

Then tomorrow I will be happy to do the same, it’s what works for me.
    Last edited by thewren; 22-07-13 at 10:50.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thewren For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-07-13)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast