Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick CRAWLING WITH STREET GIRLS

Reviews

Default A Glimpse Into The Future Perhaps?

With the TORL sponsored extreme anti sex worker recommendations of the recent insane committee designed to basically force sex workers on to the streets and indeed if they wish to continue to work, force them to work from the streets only, is the situation in Limerick, the way it's going to be for sex workers post new laws on? It sounds hellish and of course wouldn't knock a stir out of a trafficker/nasty pimp or psychotic punter who would love it!
    Indeed the TORL assholes would love to see sex working women in particular humiliated like this!
    Decriminalisation would mean nothing at all in this context, technically, almost all sex workers are decriminalised at least indoors and alone.
    Galway has never had a street walking area as such, these new proposals if enacted could lead to one being developed and expanded in areas which have traditionally had them!
    BTW I accept if a sex worker wishes to work from the streets, well attract business from there, it is their right, if done voluntarily and not under direct influence of drugs/alcohol to such an extent that freewill is non existent! Limerick doesn't sound like this!
    I can understand in terms of matters such as client vetting, easier to refuse certain clients and taking less clothes off in car punts than in brothels, why a sex worker might choose the streets over indoors but it surely must be a small minority although supposedly Rachel Moran preferred it!

Quote Originally Posted by irlcock View Post
    From what I gather the street workers have apartments not far away and go there as well as go in cars! I know of two apartments for sure where they operate! Not my own experience but a friends, and I observed it myself one night when I was out! Have seen a few advertise here too!
    I used go to Limerick by car (well I surely wasn't going to walk )

Most of the things said about street workers are as full of cr*p as the things TORL say about all sex workers. I don't know, and I am not going to speculate, simply BECAUSE of the anti-street worker stigma, that shouldn't even exist, but, pre '93 a lot of the indoor women would make up a bad day on the street, and half the clients were the same too. The only dodgy factor now is that you can be arrested and get a record, which would make indoor workers think twice (and rightly, who needs THAT?)

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    I used go to Limerick by car (well I surely wasn't going to walk )

Most of the things said about street workers are as full of cr*p as the things TORL say about all sex workers. I don't know, and I am not going to speculate, simply BECAUSE of the anti-street worker stigma, that shouldn't even exist, but, pre '93 a lot of the indoor women would make up a bad day on the street, and half the clients were the same too. The only dodgy factor now is that you can be arrested and get a record, which would make indoor workers think twice (and rightly, who needs THAT?)

I do agree Belle, most of the stuff posted about street walkers , is probably a bad generalisation that the likes of TORL as spouting to further their cause and muddy the waters even further rather than tackle key issues in the taboo world. Unfortunatly things have changed since 93 and it does seem to be a hard life for street walkers.
    They cops do watch everyone going after the streetwalkers (on the main streets at least) One street in particular has a no parking sign after 9 pm and has security cameras all along the road to catch punters, and with sting operations in progress all the time, youd think there would be no scene, but there is and its a lot of the same girls and a few new ones. Despite the gardai presence Limericks scene is alive and well

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    With the TORL sponsored extreme anti sex worker recommendations of the recent insane committee designed to basically force sex workers on to the streets and indeed if they wish to continue to work, force them to work from the streets only, is the situation in Limerick, the way it's going to be for sex workers post new laws on? It sounds hellish and of course wouldn't knock a stir out of a trafficker/nasty pimp or psychotic punter who would love it!
    Blimey...where DO these ideas come from? Even the most basic common sense should tell you that it is FAR harder to control, coerce and pimps street workers...

Keep it real man...

The point is there are women who CHOOSE to work indoors, and, by the way, in so doing CHOOSE to accord with the legislation the state chose to put in place in 1993. If is WRONG to penalise them for that choice or change the law to force them to work in a different way.

Indeed the TORL assholes would love to see sex working women in particular humiliated like this!
    The only particularly humiliating thing about working the street v working indoors is when people are determined to stigmatise it.

What *IS* humiliating is to be an adult and find you are being disempowered like a child or an animal while a clutch o ruthless and ambitious little rich bitches presume to define you and look for laws they can use to bully and control you.

Decriminalisation would mean nothing at all in this context, technically, almost all sex workers are decriminalised at least indoors and alone.
    Decriminalisation is worse than worthless when accompanied by other legislation that strives to make it impossible for you to make a living or even rent a home.

Galway has never had a street walking area as such, these new proposals if enacted could lead to one being developed and expanded in areas which have traditionally had them!
    You are wrong there...the dock area was always HUGE...covered Connemara, Corrib and the Aran Isles.

BTW I accept if a sex worker wishes to work from the streets, well attract business from there, it is their right, if done voluntarily and not under direct influence of drugs/alcohol to such an extent that freewill is non existent! Limerick doesn't sound like this!
    But only because people are MAKING it sound like something else...out of something akin to superstition.

I can understand in terms of matters such as client vetting, easier to refuse certain clients and taking less clothes off in car punts than in brothels, why a sex worker might choose the streets over indoors but it surely must be a small minority although supposedly Rachel Moran preferred it!
    Nah, that's one of the bits lifted straight from my old memoir...

It is preferable for a lot of people...only a guy would not understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by mikki99943 View Post
    To LaBelleThatcher
    as somebody who is passing through limerick city regularly i can tell you for certain that there is definitely pimps controlling those females in a certain area of limerick . I will send you the exact information by pm if you want.
    Please do...

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post

But only because people are MAKING it sound like something else...out of something akin to superstition.

No, What I said is not superstition, stigma, discrimination or TORL propoganda that I have been brainwashed into saying

Some, not all, street walkers in Limerck, have either a substance abuse problem, or are controlled by pimps

Reviews

Tonite Limerick was the safest city in the world. Never seen so many Gardai patrolling the city. If this continues the street girl's days and nights are numbered. There was'nt one to be seen.

Reviews

I assume the garda activity will quieten down in a few weeks and the scene will be back,i mean in cork you have girls strolling up and down union quay in a stones throw from the garda station.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lfccork View Post
    I assume the garda activity will quieten down in a few weeks and the scene will be back,i mean in cork you have girls strolling up and down union quay in a stones throw from the garda station.
    Not many though, one or two is all I've ever seen.

Reviews

There were more there last week walking down the street got talking to one,said she was bulgarian and here for a few weeks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast