Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British Open Golf

Reviews

Default British Open Golf

Any predictions for the Open which got under way earlier this morning?

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are the bookies favourites but I think Luke Donald may finally win a major and continue the European winning streak.
    The Truth is out there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Best Before (18-07-13), dr love (18-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Another very bad day for mcilroy, what has gone wrong with his form? Ile go for jimenez to win.
    Rory seems to have his mind on things other than golf. He would need to get his head out of his ass before he ruins himself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (18-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Another very bad day for mcilroy, what has gone wrong with his form? Ile go for jimenez to win.
    His head is not in the right place, he can't go on blaming the clubs. Its hard to call this open as there is no one playing amazing and winning everything. But you can never rule out woods.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (18-07-13)

Reviews

As always ill go for woods, could this finally be the one to end his drought

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (18-07-13), westcorklad (18-07-13)

Westie, I had the same thought as you with Donald, particularly after Rose's win in the US, but Luke had a right donkey yesterday. The other one which came to mind was Westwood, he's sitting alright after 2 rounds, so I'll go with him. However Tiger's looking like he might break his run in the majors.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garconix For This Useful Post:

NoBrain2 (19-07-13), westcorklad (19-07-13)

Reviews

So the Mechanic Jiminez has a one shot lead at the halfway stage of the Open.Tiger is only a stroke behind and really anyone within six or seven strokes of the lead is still in contention to lift the Claret Jug on Sunday evening.However Rory, Justin Rose and my pick Luke Donald will have the weekend off.
    The Truth is out there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Best Before (20-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    So the Mechanic Jiminez has a one shot lead at the halfway stage of the Open.Tiger is only a stroke behind and really anyone within six or seven strokes of the lead is still in contention to lift the Claret Jug on Sunday evening.However Rory, Justin Rose and my pick Luke Donald will have the weekend off.
    Tiger's on the prowl!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

There are some interesting pairings today, Paddy and Sergio are teeing up in a few minutes (no love lost there), Bubba and Poulter could be very interesting like a Ryder cup singles match and Tiger and Westwood, it'll be fun to see if they hold their nerve!

Roll on Peter Alliss!

Reviews

Westwood has a two stroke lead with one round to go.Could this be the year that he finally wins a major? Tiger,Adam Scott and Hunter Mahan are all close behind him though so still anyones guess as to who the winner will be.
    The Truth is out there.

It's surprising how difficult it has been to get a score together so far, I wouldn't be very surprised if the winner finishes at level or just over par. After round 1 there was over 20 players better than par, yesterday there was only 9 and today that's just 3!

I'd like to see Westwood do it, he's been one of the top 3 in Europe for most of the last 15 years and he's grafted at his game during that time. The old putter can be dodgy at times, but it's excellent this week and I remember watching him down in the K Club in 97 or 98 and thinking what a terrible touch he had on his short game, that's come on a lot. All that will be tested big time tomorrow!

Hopefully we'll get a good exciting finish on the back nine

17. The Following User Says Thank You to garconix For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (21-07-13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast