Thread: Jackman: 'Wolverine Was My First Ever US Job'

Default Jackman: 'Wolverine Was My First Ever US Job'

Jackman: 'Wolverine Was My First Ever US Job'

The Australian star tells Sky News how he first landed the role of the hairy superhero despite having never heard of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky News
    X-Men star Hugh Jackman said he ended up first playing Wolverine 13 years ago because he was at a point in his career when he "would have taken any job, probably".

The 44-year-old spoke to Sky's Entertainment Correspondent Lucy Cotter on the red carpet at the London premiere of The Wolverine.

The Australian actor made his grand entrance in a sporty white Audi Spyder, accompanied by his wife Deborra-Lee Furness as he pulled up to the Empire cinema in Leicester Square.

Hundreds of fans had waited up to 12 hours in the sweltering heat, with some coming from as far as Australia and Austria to catch a glimpse.

Jackman told Cotter the superhero role was the first job he ever had in America and he had never heard of X-Men or Wolverine before that.

"Only after I got the job, you know, people were stopping me in the street, saying things and that's when I knew I had got a good one," he said.

The Marvel comic book sequel, directed by James Mangold, sees the clawed hero in modern-day Japan where he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle.

The star had to bulk up significantly for the role after losing so much weight to play his Oscar-nominated role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables.

"I always love Wolverine," he said.

"For me, this film is the definitive movie about him.

"Even if you haven't seen the previous film or the X-Men movies, this feels fresh and really different. I'm just grateful we could make it."

Jackman revealed he had plans for his stay in London besides the premiere.

"I'm going to be at Lords on Thursday," he said. "What is it about The Ashes - it's always awesome, it's always fantastic. So many great stories and heroes.

"I think that's what cricket's all about and I love that it's captured both nations. And I hope we win!"

The Wolverine, which also stars Famke Janssen, Will Yun Lee, Rila Fukushima and Tao Okamoto, opens in cinemas on July 25.
    More images:

Promotional poster for 'The Wolverine'

Jackman arrived for the premiere in an Audi Spyder

Hundreds of fans waited for hours to see the Australian star

Source: click here

Ohh I love Hugh Jackman... look at him! He's beautiful

So, who will be going to watch 'The Wolverine'? What do you think to the trailer?

I'm going to watch it (hey, 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' had him running naked in it... hoping for the same in this one), but I don't know how good it will be. It looks to be weaker than his other films.

Reviews

I'll be going.....surprise surprise. It's in 3D aswell. July 25th.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I'll be going.....surprise surprise. It's in 3D aswell. July 25th.
    Jeeze I never woulf have guessed you're a fan

Looking forward to seeing it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)

Doesn't look as good as the previous ones but will be watching it anyway.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophia For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)

yep he is hot. I am planning on seeing this movie also.
    x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)

11. Default

Me too looks good should be a classic

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kinkyirishguy818 For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)

Will be taking Mrs Sam to the cinema to watch it because the action looks awesome and she wants to get rough with the Wolverine. It's a win:win situation

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (17-07-13)