Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion in ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    And if going through with the pregnancy is enough to make the mother suicidal? I do love a good black and whit argument
    The thing is its not a black and white argument
    Im just playing devils advocate here, so no one needs be offended at any of my comments here

But surly if the mother is suicidal then she should be in a mental health care facility so she can be watched by professionals, rcieve councselling etc

The potential person again doesnt deserve to be terminated

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteIrene View Post
    I do not know why people do not take care to protect themselves when having sex.
    Are so many ways to protect yourself and not get pregnant.
    Why must reach abortion?
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...on-599693.html
    I'm not against of abortion wend is necessary .Better save a life then lose two.
    i am against women what they get pregnant because they don't take care to avoid this and after that they want make abortion.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrunetteIrene For This Useful Post:

donnabella (09-07-13), Sensual19Rada (09-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    The thing is its not a black and white argument
    Im just playing devils advocate here, so no one needs be offended at any of my comments here

But surly if the mother is suicidal then she should be in a mental health care facility so she can be watched by professionals, rcieve councselling etc

The potential person again doesnt deserve to be terminated
    Ok, so you have no regard for the mothers mental health, what then if continuing with the pregnancy endangers the mothers physical health?

Quote Originally Posted by SexyIrishEva View Post
    But it must be difficult for any woman who has gone through the trauma of rape to carry a child who was conceived in those circumstances? It is a very difficult situation, as an abortion may act as somewhat of a "healing mechanism" for the woman, or it may just make matters worse. Everybody deals with a traumatic incident like that in their own way; they may go ahead with the pregnancy with the view that they have brought a wonderful child into the world and that something positive thing has come of such a horrible attack, or they may choose to undergo an abortion if they think that every time they look at the child it will act as a constant reminder of being raped. It really is such a difficult subject, and as I said, everybody deals with things in different ways.
    I can agree with you there that it would be very traumatic for a raped mother to be reminded of her ordeal by looking at the child. She could give it up for adoption though. I then also agree that it would be unfair for the woman to carry an unwanted child full term, for nine months unwanted.

But I also see it as allowing a potential person the chance to become an actual person
    This issue is never just going to be a black and white one

****Disclaimer I am having a debate and do not mean to cause any offence to anyone reading my statements********

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

sexy lady (07-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteIrene View Post
    I agree with that but for for more safety do not let men to come inside you .

About rape is nothing what we can do ...This is a very bad thing if is happening.
    Premature ejaculation, precum, a man who doesn´t pull out soon enough, We do not live in a perfect world. No-one is promoting abortion on demand, but surely the ability to have an abortion in your own country when you need to have one would be good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

SexyIrishEva (07-07-13)

Ok, so you have no regard for the mothers mental health, what then if continuing with the pregnancy endangers the mothers physical health?
    Lets not get personal,as I said its devils advocate and nothing more

The physical danger that the mother wants to inflict on herself can be stopped so no harm comes to both

Reviews

I can agree with you there that it would be very traumatic for a raped mother to be reminded of her ordeal by looking at the child. She could give it up for adoption though. I then also agree that it would be unfair for the woman to carry an unwanted child full term, for nine months unwanted.

But I also see it as allowing a potential person the chance to become an actual person
    This issue is never just going to be a black and white one

****Disclaimer I am having a debate and do not mean to cause any offence to anyone reading my statements********
    This was used in irony, neither side in the argument can claim to be 100% in the right.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Doozer (07-07-13)

Reviews

Lets not get personal,as I said its devils advocate and nothing more

The physical danger that the mother wants to inflict on herself can be stopped so no harm comes to both
    Who was getting personal, you were putting forward an argument and I was responding to it in kind.

¨The physical danger that the mother wants to inflict on herself can be stopped so no harm comes to both¨
    How exactly do you propose to do this, ? Put the woman under 24 hour care? And what about after the birth?

This was used in irony, neither side in the argument can claim to be 100% in the right.
    Irony does not translate well in writing

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thousands of Irish women have abortions every year. Abroad.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bumble For This Useful Post:

BrunetteIrene (07-07-13), warmcome (07-07-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast