Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homophobia

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Point (a)

Of course he would of come out sooner if society was accepting, but you have to assume that the reason why he didn't come out was because of social norms etc, when there are other factors that I've mentioned, accepting yourself for who you are first.

Points (b)

As people of an older generation didn't grow up with being around gay people and not be educated that there's more to people's sexuality than being straight etc, that there's different ways of life. They would be less accepting of gay people.

And if those people keep a closed mind and have kids they could pass their (I wouldn't say intolerance/ignorance) but they would pass their non understanding to their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Point (a)

Of course he would of come out sooner if society was accepting, but you have to assume that the reason why he didn't come out was because of social norms etc, when there are other factors that I've mentioned, accepting yourself for who you are first.

Points (b)

As people of an older generation didn't grow up with being around gay people and not be educated that there's more to people's sexuality than being straight etc, that there's different ways of life. They would be less accepting of gay people.

And if those people keep a closed mind and have kids they could pass their (I wouldn't say intolerance/ignorance) but they would pass their non understanding to their kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Point (a)

But if society accepted you for who you were and did not judge you for it, would he have struggled with his sexuality or would he accepted it or even thought twice about it

Points (b)

And if those people keep a closed mind and have kids they could pass their (I wouldn't say intolerance/ignorance) but they would pass their non understanding to their kids.[/QUOTE]

People of an older generation did grow up around openly gay people you mean
    I see you have come around that people including your grandfathers generation need to be educated to see being gay is as normal as being straight and that it isnt a lifestyle choice and is no different than choosing to be born a boy or a girl

Educating the ignorant is the way to go

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

Deven (06-07-13)

Reviews

It must be tough for gay people to say they are as the fear of been insulted or even attacked in some extreme cases. I think it's really sad that some people have to hide who they are. I bet there is lots of people that are gay and don't say it cause of fear of been not been accepted and called terrible things and then they live a life that they are not happy with all cause dickheads and religious loons have nothing better to do with there life's than to insult even tho it doesn't effect there life's 1 bit.

People should just worry about there own damn life's. there is enough hate in the world already than to hate somebody cause they are in love or attracted to the same sex. Fucking madness it is

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (06-07-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    It must be tough for gay people to say they are as the fear of been insulted or even attacked in some extreme cases. I think it's really sad that some people have to hide who they are. I bet there is lots of people that are gay and don't say it cause of fear of been not been accepted and called terrible things and then they live a life that they are not happy with all cause dickheads and religious loons have nothing better to do with there life's than to insult even tho it doesn't effect there life's 1 bit.

People should just worry about there own damn life's. there is enough hate in the world already than to hate somebody cause they are in love or attracted to the same sex. Fucking madness it is

Don't Worry Be Happy

I was down a Pride Fest earlier in Belfast............

Wana see The Birds

Never been Attracted to the same sex...but there are a few hot looking shemales about

that was the point of the scam wasn't it.....so i couldn't keep paying to see ladies...then say o he's gay

I know what ya's where at.....

Enjoy your evening Folks !

Blog Entries
    Reviews

never had a problem with gays, and nothing sexier than 2 lesbians
    what others do behind closed doors is there business ......
    some men look back and say WHY ME.... i look forward and say WHY NOT

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Am I homophobic or not????
    Like most people on this site I claim to be broadminded and my motto would be live & let live, a friend of mine is gay and I have no problem with that and have met some of his boyfriends etc. But like most straight guys I am nervous around gay men, is this normal, anyway is there a test if say 10 questions to determine whether one is homophobic or not? (this question could also be applied to racism)
    Seek and you shall find!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123