Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homophobia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    I really do not get it. Is it driven mostly by people of religious persuasions or what? Referring to homosexuals or bisexuals as "diseased". It actually makes me sick yet infuriates me at the same time. I was just on youtube watching a video of a blogger I like who is a lesbian and the amount of hateful/hurtful comments towards her was just barbaric.

I dunno whether it's just extreme ignorance, religious bias or whether homophobia itself is actually a mental disorder of some sort kind. Form of bullying too perhaps or to wrap it all up in a nutshell: intolerance.
    what I never get is where they get the time or thoughts from? I mean I dont think I ever all of a sudden got a thought that made me actually care what a persons sexuality is. I can see where they get the inclination though.

sincerely,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alterego31 View Post
    I really don't think you understand what barbaric means. Im sure it was unpleasant but I doubt it was barbarism. The internet is the home of the angry nut. Don't seek them out & don't read their comments. Everyone who posts on youtube gets trolled EVERYONE! people who don't want to disable comments. If you don't do that expect the nuts to find you and hate you.
    Such an insightful post. Did you see the exact comments that I was referring to? Of course not. So how then can you a) question my definition of barbaric and b) question whether the comments themselves were barbaric?
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Surely homophobia is the wrong term
    Or are they afraid of gays?

I agree its moronic to hate some one because who they are attracted to.
    Does it effect them , no.
    Its no different from the racisim and aparthied of bygone days

What next, anger at people who are attracted to red heads?

Reviews

I really do not get it. Is it driven mostly by people of religious persuasions or what? Referring to homosexuals or bisexuals as "diseased". It actually makes me sick yet infuriates me at the same time. I was just on youtube watching a video of a blogger I like who is a lesbian and the amount of hateful/hurtful comments towards her was just barbaric.

I dunno whether it's just extreme ignorance, religious bias or whether homophobia itself is actually a mental disorder of some sort kind. Form of bullying too perhaps or to wrap it all up in a nutshell: intolerance.
    Pride Day in belfast Ldm...u going?/

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Fernanda View Post
    In Brazil,there is a politician who claims he found the CURE for the gay guys... like wtf?
    it will be great now if i wake up and think i feel a little gay i can ring in sick for work and go see the doctor lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patty For This Useful Post:

Jericho (06-07-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think you're being so so harsh on some people who do not understand being gay. like if it takes a gay person 20 years to come out of the closet and then expect people to accept what gay is in a heartbeat is unfair after all it took you 20 years to come to terms with it? I'm just being a little devil's advocate here and things aren't always as you either accept gays or you don't there is an inbetween.

Perfect example and personal example of what I'm saying,

My grandad 87 years old in the states, wouldn't understand whatsoever what being gay is about, how can someone be gay, did they decided to be gay, he just doesn't understand and for him it's perfectly logical for him to think something must have "gone wrong".

I would have a huge problem with people who bully and abuse and gay bash others because they don't understand, thats the barbaric side of it, not just someone who cannot get their heads around it.
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 06-07-13 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    I think you're being so so harsh on some people who do not understand being gay. like if it takes a gay person 20 years to come out of the closet and then expect people to accept what gay is in a heartbeat is unfair after all it took you 20 years to come to terms with it? I'm just being a little devil's advocate here and things aren't always as you either accept gays or you don't there is an inbetween.
    Still , you have to wonder why it took them 20 years to come out themselves, maybe its becuase feer of his loved ones rejecting him, his collegues making fun of him etc. If no one batted an eye lid, he may have not have waited so long

Perfect example and personal example of what I'm saying,

My grandad 87 years old in the states, wouldn't understand whatsoever what being gay is about, how can someone be gay, did they decided to be gay, he just doesn't understand and for him it's perfectly logical for him to think something must have "gone wrong".

I would have a huge problem with people who bully and abuse and gay bash others because they don't understand, thats the barbaric side of it, not just someone who cannot get their heads around it.
    I see your point and raise you does your granddad think something went wrong that someone is black? Or was he educated to think that the colour of someones skin does not define that person.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

Deven (06-07-13), ladiesman217 (06-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    it will be great now if i wake up and think i feel a little gay i can ring in sick for work and go see the doctor lol
    Lol, cant come into work today boss, I have a touch of the gay today
    Woke up with a cock up my arse and an addiction to lady gaga

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Point (a) You make a perfectly good argument, losing loved ones, loved ones maybe keeping their distance, or even disowning them altogether would make you not come out, however you could make the argument that he assumed all of those things would happen, maybe he wasn't sure of who he was and battled with those feeling for a long time, maybe he didn't accept himself for who is really was and that's why he didn't come out.

Point (b)

I don't want to get to personal because it's family, but he was educated, my great grandfather had got 2 farmhands that were of african descent, he didn't think anything of them, because he was brought up in an enviroment, we never treated them differently, they where just seen as part of an exended family, my grandad was a huge advocate of equal rights and yeah went on protests with my grandnan it was a time of social revolution, back on point though! my grandad would never have seen/encountered a gay person, or undertand what it is to be gay, it's alien to him he just doesn't understand it.
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 06-07-13 at 16:10.

Point (a) You make a perfectly good argument, losing loved ones, loved ones maybe keeping their distance, or even disowning them altogether would make you not come out, however you could make the argument that he assumed all of those things would happen, maybe he wasn't sure of who he was and battled with those feeling for a long time, maybe he didn't accept himself for who is really was and that's why he didn't come out.
    But of there wasnt a fear that society would reject you maybe he could have come out sooner

Point (b)

I don't want to get to personal because it's family, but he was educated, my great grandfather had got 2 farmhands that were of african descent, he didn't think anything of them, because he was brought up in an enviroment, we never treated them differently, they where just seen as part of an exended family, my grandad was a huge advocate of equal rights and yeah went on protests with my grandnan it was a time of social revolution, back on point though! my grandad would never have seen/encountered a gay person, or undertand what it is to be gay, it's alien to him he just doesn't understand it.
    Ok,again, I was insinuating anything about your grandfather, just using his generation as an example.
    But thats what I am saying, he was educated, or brought up to think of them as equal.
    Im sure if gays (out and proud) were around he may have been brought up to think the same.

If your grandfather, wasnt educated, or brought up to treat black people the same, would he?
    I mean at the time the norm would have been the slave mindset, would he have gone with the norm or rejected it social norms?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast