Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Reviews

He's a very complex character GRRM, maybe that's the Irish in him.
    To anyone that has read the books, do you find yourself wishing/hoping that GRRM didn't have a sister??

GRRM owns a cinema in the town I live in most of the year (Santa Fe). They're going to start showing GOT on the big screen there next year yay!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TS Jessica Presley For This Useful Post:

samlad (08-12-13)

Reviews

It really is a quality series. I went through all three seasons in about the space of a month.

I'm glad I never saw any spoilers for it as "the Red Wedding" episode had my jaw on the floor. Only the end of Dexter Season 4 and the "Opie" episode of Sons Of Anarchy had the same reaction for me.

I've only started reading the books, well I started Game Of Thrones about 2 years ago, but it seems a lot easier to read now for some reason.

Joffrey is a hateful wee shite, Tyrron (sp?) is one of the best characters in it and is it wrong I feel quite sympathetic to Jamie Lannister? lol

some ladys with Daenerys Targaryen uniforms on here would be much appreciated!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    It really is a quality series. I went through all three seasons in about the space of a month.

I'm glad I never saw any spoilers for it as "the Red Wedding" episode had my jaw on the floor. Only the end of Dexter Season 4 and the "Opie" episode of Sons Of Anarchy had the same reaction for me.

I've only started reading the books, well I started Game Of Thrones about 2 years ago, but it seems a lot easier to read now for some reason.

Joffrey is a hateful wee shite, Tyrron (sp?) is one of the best characters in it and is it wrong I feel quite sympathetic to Jamie Lannister? lol
    Jamie becomes more likable as the story progresses, Tyrion is a fantastic character and I'd say there is something big coming for him in the future. Arya is my favourite by far, she's going to return to westeros as some kind of super ninja assassin type and wipe the filthy lannisters of the face of the earth, hopefully.

Every time someone dies in GoT series, there is a marker in these books to highlight it:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Deven (19-12-13), ocred (19-12-13)

I have FINALLY started watching it and I love it I'm afraid of liking the characters too much, though, because as soon as you get attached they die, right?

Arya is my favourite. She's pretty badass. I'm only about 6 or 7 episodes in... got a way to go!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I have FINALLY started watching it and I love it I'm afraid of liking the characters too much, though, because as soon as you get attached they die, right?

Arya is my favourite. She's pretty badass. I'm only about 6 or 7 episodes in... got a way to go!
    Yay! It's AMAZING!. Have you managed to avoid any spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteNoob View Post
    Yay! It's AMAZING!. Have you managed to avoid any spoilers?
    Nope I know some anyway, knew them before I started watching, but I don't mind. For example:
    (highlight to view, even though this is probably a spoiler for no-one else) Ned Stark dies soon. I know this because a) it's everywhere, b) it's Sean Bean.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Nope I know some anyway, knew them before I started watching, but I don't mind. For example:
    (highlight to view, even though this is probably a spoiler for no-one else) Ned Stark dies soon. I know this because a) it's everywhere, b) it's Sean Bean.
    I went in completely blind, and;

From the get go I thought, like every other fantasy, TV drama, that the main guy, the good guy, would live and eventually overthrow the bad guys but nope. Not in GRRM's world, the cunt. I was emotionally blunt for the whole day when I witnessed the death of Eddard.

Although this cheers me up.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteNoob For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (14-04-14), Lara Mills (19-12-13), Tom o Hawke (13-01-14)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast