The Truth is out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Larrii (26-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think after the next budget this monkey government
    will be gone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big J For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (26-06-13), Westsidex (27-06-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I think after the next budget this monkey government
    will be gone.
    No they will stay together at least until the local and European elections next year.If they get hammered in the polls then there may be a lot more Labour TDs jumping overboard.Anyway who would replace them?FF? Sinn Fein? For the people of this country that would be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire IMO.
    The Truth is out there.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (26-06-13), Deven (26-06-13), redforever (26-06-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    For the people of this country that would be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire IMO.
    Yes! And more damaging revelations about FF incompetence and dancing to Anglo's tune will not help the current crop of FF TDs, who lets face it are the same motley crew as were in power 5 years ago. Martin? FF finance guy ( forgotten his name) ? Do they really expect us to have forgotten?
    And Cowen and his obfuscation? He's only a private citizen now, like you or me?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

Deven (26-06-13), westcorklad (26-06-13)

Reviews

Lets face it there's none of them worth two balls of goat s*** ,FF got us into this mess and FG labour were going to get us out of it but they only made things worse, as for SF ? do they really have what it takes. Unless we get some one in power with the balls to stand up to Europe and the famous bond holders we are sunk for a very long time. I cant see that happening any time soon, they are all too busy minding their handy jobs to worry about the rest of us.
    After all the tax payer in this country is only a cash cow for the political elite.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

Deven (26-06-13), westcorklad (26-06-13)

The country's in such a mess, and if FG are not in government next time round (which is highly likely), inevitably the other party/parties will be just as unpopular. In my opinion, none of the parties have the ability or "expertise" to provoke change or effectively remedy the issues we're facing either.

Opinion polls, although not always to be relied on, do show that Fianna Fáil are the most supported party at the moment - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...t-26-1.1427920 . These opinion polls are inclined to fluctuate quite a lot though!

Blog Entries

For those of us not familiar with your candidates. Was he one you felt you could rely on or dead wood? I,e. Is it disappointing that he has stepped down?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    For those of us not familiar with your candidates. Was he one you felt you could rely on or dead wood? I,e. Is it disappointing that he has stepped down?
    He was a change from the previous crowd who got Ireland into this mess in the first place. And now they're in opposition it seems to me that people forget that Micheál Martin the leader and their finance guy were both in the previous cabinet. So IMHO voting for them is like going back to the old ways again. The current Taoiseach (prime minister) Enda Kenny is unpopular because people think he could do more to stand up for Ireland, and judge him for reneging on his election promises - and this in particular applies to his junior coalition partner - not unlike Clegg in the UK. IMHO Kenny deserves another crack of the whip at the next election, but it is impossible to see him winning an outright majority and no idea who his junior coalition partner would be. Labour will be obliterated. So if FF win, again no outright majority, and again impossible to see who they would share power with. Sinn Fein? I believe there are too many people in this country who never want to see them in power here. So how about FF and FG forming a coalition? A government of national unity? Again this option seems unlikely.

It is hard not to draw the conclusion that politically speaking Ireland is a failed state, and that the Irish people are now having to pay an extremely high price for independence, may be too high a price? Discuss....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (27-06-13)

Blog Entries

Too late. FFS the time to resign about something that is so close to your heart is straight away not after the shit starts coming to the surface. Not to worry though as New Labour will arise and hey ask the brits, they will sort this whole country out no probs.

or vote for SF after they pay their property taxes,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    FF? Sinn Fein?
    thats the next gov I reckon unless a new party emerges.

Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast