Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another One Bites the Dust

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SexyIrishEva View Post
    The country's in such a mess, and if FG are not in government next time round (which is highly likely), inevitably the other party/parties will be just as unpopular. In my opinion, none of the parties have the ability or "expertise" to provoke change or effectively remedy the issues we're facing either.

Opinion polls, although not always to be relied on, do show that Fianna Fáil are the most supported party at the moment - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...t-26-1.1427920 . These opinion polls are inclined to fluctuate quite a lot though!
    the system breeds corruption here. Unless the system is changed then the problem will never go away. It only more apparent these days but was and always will be here unless things change. Its up to the Irish people to show that they will not tolerate anymore but they arent doing this.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    He was a change from the previous crowd who got Ireland into this mess in the first place. And now they're in opposition it seems to me that people forget that Micheál Martin the leader and their finance guy were both in the previous cabinet. So IMHO voting for them is like going back to the old ways again. The current Taoiseach (prime minister) Enda Kenny is unpopular because people think he could do more to stand up for Ireland, and judge him for reneging on his election promises - and this in particular applies to his junior coalition partner - not unlike Clegg in the UK. IMHO Kenny deserves another crack of the whip at the next election, but it is impossible to see him winning an outright majority and no idea who his junior coalition partner would be. Labour will be obliterated. So if FF win, again no outright majority, and again impossible to see who they would share power with. Sinn Fein? I believe there are too many people in this country who never want to see them in power here. So how about FF and FG forming a coalition? A government of national unity? Again this option seems unlikely.

It is hard not to draw the conclusion that politically speaking Ireland is a failed state, and that the Irish people are now having to pay an extremely high price for independence, may be too high a price? Discuss....

Unfortunately, a failed state is what we seem to have. Destroyed by the "me fein" party. I.e. political greed which is widespread amongst politicians of every party.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

Big J (27-06-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    Unfortunately, a failed state is what we seem to have. Destroyed by the "me fein" party. I.e. political greed which is widespread amongst politicians of every party.
    Another big problem is the current younger generations dont care and in a sense you cant blame them as look at the older generations and the treatment they got from the powerful institutions.Take the church. There were people died fearfully because of what these bastards drummed into their heads over the years, all the while they were raping and abusing kids.

The whole country is fucked in every sense and a mess and its a shame as its a nice country only run by a shower of evil bastards.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The whole country is fucked in every sense and a mess and its a shame as its a nice country only run by a shower of evil bastards.

Westside.
    Couldn't agree more. Despite everything, I love living here, Ireland is a great country with some wonderful people, lovely places, genuinely a lot going for it. Just the political and economic crap makes me, and I should think a whole lot of others just put their heads down and try to get on with their lives...

But I disagree about FF/SF...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12