Thread: photoshop programmes

Default photoshop programmes

hey all,

im looking if anyone knows a good free photoshop programe,

i used photoscape but doesnt allow for something i want to do like change backgrounds, add colour to b/w photos

example what i mean is, say u have a girl with red dress, u want it b/w but want to make the dress red

im just learning all the tricks but photoscape defo well form what i can see doesnt do it

if anyone cud recommend a good programe i be very grateful
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by frumsp View Post
    The GIMP (unfortunate name ) is totally free and afaik does everything Photoshop does.

It takes a bit of learning but there's lots of youtube clips and tutorial sites out there if you have the time and patience.
    I agree. Gimp is good to use as an alternative to photoshop, but it does take some time to learn what you need

downloading now, im doing a photographry course in 3 weeks, so i like messing with pictures,

i think with photoshop, if u changing someone body u fuck it up, but lighting etc can change a picture and make it stand out more

needless to say i might not get much business with that attitude but i believe u shud enhance not change, coz if a client arrives thinking ur a size 6 when ur not, u start on the wrong foot, show ur size as believe me there a market for every woman, often the bigger u are busier u can actual be, its all about showing u as u are and the best possaible way

4. The Following User Says Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

Yara (25-06-13)

Saoirse, Why settle for the GIMP when you can have the real thing.....

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

If you're using Windows Vista \ 7 the download you want is http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/PHSP/PhSp_CS2_English.exe and the serial number to go along with it is 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431

I'm using the version of Photoshop I've linked to with absolutely no problems on a Windows 7 32 Bit machine and the only (small) snag I've encountered is that every time I start the application it attempts to phone home to Adobe to activate itself, it fails to do so (as explained on Adobe's site), throws up a dialog box saying as much which you can dismiss, and then you're free to use the application and all its functionality unhindered.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half Man and Half Dildo For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (25-06-13), JAMESCORK (25-06-13), UncleBob (25-06-13)

Reviews

The GIMP is good, but 'free' Photoshop is better. The GIMP might run better on older computers, though.

ive window 7 and the worst brand of a laptop, ive gimp and the other one downloading

i think my laptop will die tonight due to overload lol

but i really want to change a background on a picture for someone so ill take my laptop going into spa mode

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    .....The GIMP might run better on older computers, though.
    Perhaps that is true, Bob, but don't forget that the Adobe products listed were developed for use on hardware that is significantly less powerful than modern machines therefore the speed and performance of these applications if used on modern hardware such as the i3 or i5 processors with 2 or 4 Gigs of RAM should be blisteringly fast.

Saoirse, out of curiosity what brand of laptop do you have?

Blog Entries

It'll be fine. I had photoshop cs4 on my old emachine. Which is as crap as laptop s get.
    Last edited by Cassandra; 25-06-13 at 19:03.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post: