Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Community Moderators - Would you like to see them on E-I?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Community Moderators - Would you like to see them on E-I?

    Hi,

    I would welcome everyone's thoughts on the subject of E-I having community moderators, i.e. moderators that are not E-I staff. Lots of successful communities have community moderators. I've never been sure if it would be right for an escort site, but I'd welcome opinions on this subject from escorts and clients.

    Thanks

    Pat x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,476
    Reviews
    12

    Exclamation Patricia????

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hi,

    I would welcome everyone's thoughts on the subject of E-I having community moderators, i.e. moderators that are not E-I staff. Lots of successful communities have community moderators. I've never been sure if it would be right for an escort site, but I'd welcome opinions on this subject from escorts and clients.

    Thanks

    Pat x
    In all seriousness Pat I don't think that is a good idea ............. too many opinionated members on this site.
    We could be at eachothers throats in a few days, deleting eachothers posts and threads etc!!

    No, you're are doing a fine job as it is Pat ............. when you're around that is!!!

    Paws
    Gone ........... and forgotten?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpaws View Post
    In all seriousness Pat I don't think that is a good idea ............. too many opinionated members on this site.
    We could be at eachothers throats in a few days, deleting eachothers posts and threads etc!!
    That's always been my gut feeling too, but I'm open to all ideas...

    I admit I don't know how it could work, but it clearly does work well on many sites, so I thought I'd put the idea out there and see if anyone could suggest any ideas that might be worth looking into further.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    No Pat, obviously we don't need community moderators here. Just an even-handed and consistent approach to what is acceptable and what is not. Personally identifiable information and bear-baiting have been shown to be unacceptable here and quite rightly so. I would ask that you please look at the deleted thread and respond with a rational explanation as to why it was deleted. Otherwise please re-instate it.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,476
    Reviews
    12

    Talking I Have Big Paws Because I'm A Fucking Bear!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    No Pat, obviously we don't need community moderators here. Just an even-handed and consistent approach to what is acceptable and what is not. Personally identifiable information and bear-baiting have been shown to be unacceptable here and quite rightly so. I would ask that you please look at the deleted thread and respond with a rational explanation as to why it was deleted. Otherwise please re-instate it.
    "Bear-baiting"???? Is that a reference to ME???????!!!!!!!!!!!

    Paws
    Gone ........... and forgotten?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpaws View Post
    "Bear-baiting"???? Is that a reference to ME???????!!!!!!!!!!!

    Paws
    Hehe! Now that you say it - it is quite apt!
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    Unworkable, the place would resemble Sarajevo in week, a never ending salvo of sniping.

    It would be like the Prods and the Cats determining whose turn it was to use the road.

    E-I are more then fair and lenient, they should be the only ones holding the hatchet…

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,785
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Going to say ah NO, as Bigpaws said too many opinionated members with polar views some of them I think even Bi-Polar
    But I will stick with my original point in the soon to be re-instated thread that it is unfair that a thread can be deleted because we are discussing a particular escort / topic.
    I think it would be a good idea if when a person is starting a thread they have the option to preclude a certain group I.E escorts from posting in that thread, after all they can at least see what we are saying about them, we have no idea what they are saying about us on there Private forum!!
    Beside's I do think Sarah has been doing a very fair job till this incident responding to all concerns when they arise as far as I'm aware (i know she responded to mine very quickly) but I wouldn't like her to slip and start authomatically taking the side of genuine escorts over genuine punters just because they are advertisers / ladies.

  9. #9

    Default

    Another No vote, it would be too dangerous!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    Going to say ah NO, as Bigpaws said too many opinionated members with polar views some of them I think even Bi-Polar
    But I will stick with my original point in the soon to be re-instated thread that it is unfair that a thread can be deleted because we are discussing a particular escort / topic.

    ****I undertsand your point of view. You were one of many users there who discuss however bigpaws in that specific thread attacted Dolly .I don't know where this all thing came from but his personal posts were abusive and were anti-Dolly thread not as he is trying now to show it was anti-overcharging one.***SArah

    but I wouldn't like her to slip and start authomatically taking the side of genuine escorts over genuine punters just because they are advertisers / ladies.
    From my point of view it less important this thread refer to punter-escort side.
    I have never seen promoting any escort(because she is advertisiing here) by any of staff from E-I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •