Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: Censorship on EI

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default Censorship on EI

    Ok, I've always been a stalwart fan of Pat and how this site is run but today is a sad, sad day. Not content with deleting posts, we then have the ignomy of an entire thread being vapourised. What's next, shall you be changing the site colours to orange, am I to expect a barring for writing this post, how about displaying a warn level next to our profiles?

    The IIE'ification of the forum is complete, for shame....
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    What thread are you talking about please?

    We rarely delete threads.

    When we do it is nearly always because the person who started the thread is reqesting such and we've decided they have a valid enough reason for wanting it gone, plus the thread is old or not of much interest anyway.

    Sometimes people say they revealed too much about themselves by starting a thread on a private subject and now they regret it and fear it will cause them damage. This is the sort of situation where we might delete a thread upon request.

    I expect a lot of people reading this will know what I mean, as in fact regular posters on this forum often message me privately asking me to delete something they regret saying.

    Anyway punterminator, please let us know how we have fallen out of your grace.

    Pat x

  3. Default Banning rediting and deleting.

    I have to agree, I was banned for expressing my views last week and accused of owing and or advertising some site?? EII what ever that is? Here is the post that I got banned for. The original ban was for " advertising another site" ? or for putting up a link to another sites forum post, not to sure really well here is the post.

    Patrica I hope I will not be banned again for this as this is a link into your site ????


    Here is the end of the post I got banned for if any one is interested read from the start.

    https://www.escort-ireland.com/board...it-pics-2.html


    And tell me was that justified all I was trying to do was help and give some ideas about verification.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    What thread are you talking about please?

    We rarely delete threads.

    When we do it is nearly always because the person who started the thread is reqesting such and we've decided they have a valid enough reason for wanting it gone, plus the thread is old or not of much interest anyway.

    Sometimes people say they revealed too much about themselves by starting a thread on a private subject and now they regret it and fear it will cause them damage. This is the sort of situation where we might delete a thread upon request.

    I expect a lot of people reading this will know what I mean, as in fact regular posters on this forum often message me privately asking me to delete something they regret saying.

    Anyway punterminator, please let us know how we have fallen out of your grace.

    Pat x
    The PSE Anal thread was first of all decimated by Sarah due to "an escorts rates being discussed" - I have never heard of this being a reason for deleting posts before. Then subsequently, the entire thread was deleted.

    The OP was not involved in discussions so I doubt they requested it to be deleted. A paying advertiser was getting slated in the thread AND said they would be talking to a moderator, so I suspect that is the reason it was deleted.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunterJohn View Post
    I have to agree, I was banned for expressing my views last week and accused of owing and or advertising some site??
    With the greatest of respect PunterJohn, you have a way of expressing yourself that invites censorship and banning.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    I have to add Pat that the thread was left continue in it's censored form untill I and others put up post's that altough weren't critical as such, mine did aire my dissapointment in the path that E-I seem to be taking in censorship. Now I will add that I couldn't comment on the actual thread as I hadn't read it all but maybe you have access to it and you can read and see if the deletion is justified.
    xx

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    The OP was not involved in discussions so I doubt they requested it to be deleted.
    Just for the record, I didn’t request anything to be removed, never have in fast, I have not posted anything here that I was not comfortable with posting. In fact I did not know you could even ask to as I expected it would be refused unless there were unusual circumstances, I was surprised that this thread was removed with out warning though, but it is a rare step taken and have their reasons for doing so. I had only replied to you P when the thread disappeared, so I probably was the last poster, but did not ask for it to be removed, I hope you and I can put our little spiff behind us, in my last post in that tread, I defended myself and rejected your counter argument point by point but also said that I always read your posts and will continue to, you bring a lot to forum and I actually respect you as a person and as a Punter. I felf from day one you to be one of the good ones, but if you don’t like the way I post, there is nothing I can do about it, but do feel it unfair to make comment on a post when as you say yourself you only read part of it, you can’t get the full thrust of anyone’s post, if you only cherry pick (pardon the pun) random parts. That’s all I have to say on the subject, and am extending a hand across the either, if you wish not to in kind, then there’s no more I can do…

    Regards…QPH…

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Just for the record, I didnít request anything to be removed, never have in fast, I have not posted anything here that I was not comfortable with posting.
    I didn't think for a minute that you had

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    I hope you and I can put our little spiff behind us, in my last post in that tread, I defended myself and rejected your counter argument point by point
    Suits me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    but also said that I always read your posts and will continue to, you bring a lot to forum and I actually respect you as a person and as a Punter. I felf from day one you to be one of the good ones,
    Appreciated, thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    but if you donít like the way I post, there is nothing I can do about it, but do feel it unfair to make comment on a post when as you say yourself you only read part of it, you canít get the full thrust of anyoneís post, if you only cherry pick (pardon the pun) random parts.
    You probably have a point, but in fairness, your posts are difficult to read in full.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Thatís all I have to say on the subject, and am extending a hand across the either, if you wish not to in kind, then thereís no more I can doÖ
    Graciously accepted.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    [QUOTE=punterminator;36076]The PSE Anal thread was first of all decimated by Sarah due to "an escorts rates being discussed" - I have never heard of this being a reason for deleting posts before. Then subsequently, the entire thread was deleted.

    Thread had been deleted but before that I had removed posts and asked to finish that thread as it went to far.It the result of bigpaws and punterminor (in a lesser extent) attack on escorts rates.You have not right telling that lady how much she have to charge .
    After few hours I have been informed that this thread was carried on.So now is gone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    [QUOTE=Sarah;36085]
    Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    The PSE Anal thread was first of all decimated by Sarah due to "an escorts rates being discussed" - I have never heard of this being a reason for deleting posts before. Then subsequently, the entire thread was deleted.

    Thread had been deleted but before that I had removed posts and asked to finish that thread as it went to far.It the result of bigpaws and punterminor (in a lesser extent) attack on escorts rates.You have not right telling that lady how much she have to charge .
    After few hours I have been informed that this thread was carried on.So now is gone.
    Seriously, the hyperbole that this thread is generating has gone from sublime to ridiculous.

    No-one "attacked" her rates. We pointed out that they were ridiculous which is somewhat different. I was under the impression that we were within our rights to do so on this site. Are you telling us now that that policy has changed and we are no longer allowed to discuss escorts rates on this board?

    Patricia, can you tell us the official policy on this please?
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •