Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    if i had to give a rating it would be 4/10 compare this with the batman trilogy and the avengers/thor (new one in november should be good) it was very very poor
    Well as movies go, it's receiving more mixed reviews than any I can recollect. I was disappointed with it as well to a certain extent, but viewing it independently without comparison to other hero movies, it was alright.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

benin (15-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Well as movies go, it's receiving more mixed reviews than any I can recollect. I was disappointed with it as well to a certain extent, but viewing it independently without comparison to other hero movies, it was alright.
    yea i agree,it was alright...i was expecting epic... if you never seen this you were missing nothing

btw that idiot playing lois lane was fucking awful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-13)

Reviews

yea i agree,it was alright...i was expecting epic... if you never seen this you were missing nothing

btw that idiot playing lois lane was fucking awful
    She was alright, but I think she lacked the 'ferocity' of Lois Lane. Well she was a damn side better than f*cking Kate Bosworth in S.Returns! But still, Lois is supposed to be a head strong, almost fearless woman. And I just didn't get that from Amy Adams.

But you know, I think the movie itself is a victim of its environment. EVERYONE will be comparing it to first of all the Dark Knight trilogy, and second to the Marvel cinematic universe. Marvel pretty much kicked DC and Warner Bros right in the balls and then some by their whole hero sage strategy. Now DC are trying to rush a Justice League outing. Which makes me think as well that Man of Steel in itself was also rushed, which resulted in a flawed product. I have to admit that even though I thought it looked very good, I never really felt a rush at any point during the whole movie.

Like in the Dark Knight Rises when Bruce took the Bat with the bomb and then it exploded, I was like..... "holy shit.....". Never felt anything remotely close to that for Man of Steel.

Goodbye

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

benin (15-06-13)

She was alright, but I think she lacked the 'ferocity' of Lois Lane. Well she was a damn side better than f*cking Kate Bosworth in S.Returns! But still, Lois is supposed to be a head strong, almost fearless woman. And I just didn't get that from Amy Adams.

But you know, I think the movie itself is a victim of its environment. EVERYONE will be comparing it to first of all the Dark Knight trilogy, and second to the Marvel cinematic universe. Marvel pretty much kicked DC and Warner Bros right in the balls and then some by their whole hero sage strategy. Now DC are trying to rush a Justice League outing. Which makes me think as well that Man of Steel in itself was also rushed, which resulted in a flawed product. I have to admit that even though I thought it looked very good, I never really felt a rush at any point during the whole movie.

Like in the Dark Knight Rises when Bruce took the Bat with the bomb and then it exploded, I was like..... "holy shit.....". Never felt anything remotely close to that for Man of Steel.
    tldr...pmsl

8. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-13)

Reviews

tldr...pmsl
    Ha.. ha.. ha.. I can barely keep back the laughter.. Hysterical

Goodbye

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

jimbobbins (15-06-13)

Ha.. ha.. ha.. I can barely keep back the laughter.. Hysterical
    shurrrruuuppp ya tool!

Question

not great not terrible

average

Blog Entries

Saw it yesterday, too much action not enough story 4/10

Tiff xxx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

Disappointed - Was the only thing going through my head. CGI is good but you can rely on that alone to make a good film.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

Saw it yesterday in 3d. 3d is a load of bollocks by the way.

I was surprised by the level of carnage and explosions, more thing blown up and smashed than conair and that's a lot. Enjoyable all the same. Amy Adams is so cute, expected lois lane to be a bit meaner.
    All the saw it was bubblegum for the eyes, reminded me a lot of the first new Star Trek for some reason.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast