Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Irish Bank Account for Non-resident

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    I know it's difficult to open an account but have you thaught about using your credit card, all companies allow you to prepay you credit card and give you good interest also, just go into the post office with your card and tell them you would like to lodge money onto it, from your card you can then transfer the money wherever you want via the internet. 3V prepay cards are an option but they have a limit of €350 so that's pritty restrictive.
    Just an option.
    The limit is €350 each voucher for 3V credit cards and you can buy mutiple ones. The overall limit on them is €2500
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 06-08-08 at 11:41.

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    I know it's difficult to open an account but have you thaught about using your credit card, all companies allow you to prepay you credit card and give you good interest also, just go into the post office with your card and tell them you would like to lodge money onto it, from your card you can then transfer the money wherever you want via the internet. 3V prepay cards are an option but they have a limit of €350 so that's pritty restrictive.
    Just an option.
    I think we have a real winner there, that’s great thinking Anon, I never knew you could lodge money into your credit card in the Post Office, but can you then on returning to your home country withdraw cash from it at your own local bank or other institution, I presume you can if so then problem solved.

Top marks Anon…

Ps where is the Lion gone, are you no longer the Alpha Male?????

Anita,

NOW were starting to get a grip on what you make from.....well.....getting a grip...

Regards to both...QPH...

Blog Entries

HSBC in the UK does a "passport" account for people in your situation:
    Passport Bank Account: Moving to the UK: HSBC Bank UK

Maybe an Irish bank if offering the same?

I would have thought with all the Poles etc in Ireland now, there is a need for this type of bank account.

Thanks guys for the advices, but
    the thing is I live in Spain and I want to only wire money to my account there or any other account since I sometimes have to pay bills. How can I do that from Ireland if I donīt have an account in Ireland? Thanks,
    Jessie
    HOT EXOTIC BEAUTY JUST FOR YOUR PLEASURE

https://twitter.com/Jessiemature

5. Default

Hmm.. could be a bit tricky.

Usually what I've noticed, work in a tech desk, alot of poles and czechs. HR would give them a refernce to get an account setup. Main concern in yer situation with sending money across would be where it's coming from.

As its been said earlier... these things have been brought in to lower chacnes of money laundering...

... just like off liscences close earlier so kids aren't out buying drink late at night.... instead now they do it straight after the simpsons...

H2L

Reviews

You have 5 options here because opening a residential account in Ireland will take time and paperwork

1. Credit card and pay all your money onto that.
    2. Passport account HSBC, Egg and most of the online banks offer them
    3. Open an account as a sole trader on the Isle of man. Requires a trip over with a suitcase everytime you want to get paid. Not as bad as it sounds though, I survived like this for a number of years and it is all completely legal.
    4. Secure bonds, there are a number of places offering these (Western Union is one that springs to mind). Issue is that it takes time whenever you want to liquify your cash.
    5. Suitcase under the bed.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12