Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to find a partner? That’ll be £11,000 then

Default Want to find a partner? That’ll be £11,000 then

Want to find a partner? That’ll be £11,000 then

Quote Originally Posted by Metro News
    If you’re single, be prepared to spend nearly £10,700 to find your true love.

That’s how much it will cost in terms of the dates you go on before it happens, a survey shows.

It takes men 13 first dates and ten for women – but more than half of these will be classed as a disaster.

The cost of a date soars in the first year of the relationship but will plunge during the second, according to the poll.

‘When you add up the amount you spend before you marry “the one”, the cost can be staggering,’ said Andy Oldham, managing director of cashback site Quidco.com, which commissioned the survey.

‘So it’s no wonder that splitting the cost of courtship is becoming more common.’

He added that the money isn’t spent on the date itself: ‘Many use it as an opportunity to treat themselves to a new outfit, beauty treatment or haircut, not to mention the gift to impress their potential partner.’
    Source: click here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Clyde (13-06-13)

Do these statistics surprise you at all?

I know they shock me... I don't often go on dates (little patience), but when I have, I'm certain it hasn't been that much. Am I just a cheap date for wanting dinner and a movie?

Reviews

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

40odd (13-06-13), dob (13-06-13), mikki99943 (13-06-13), Stephanie (13-06-13)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Want to find a partner? That’ll be £11,000 then

Source: click here
    It would seem that you can actually "put a price on love".
    Seriously though,everything in ireland is expensive so going on dates etc. wouldn't be any different.If you want to look at it a different way,all of the money spent on dates would probably be spent anyway going out with friends weather that be on the lash,the movies and so on .

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Do these statistics surprise you at all?

I know they shock me... I don't often go on dates (little patience), but when I have, I'm certain it hasn't been that much. Am I just a cheap date for wanting dinner and a movie?
    I'm cheap too... I think the most I've ever spent on a date was about £60 on a meal and a couple of drinks, and I thought that was pricey

Sorry ladies, if you want champagne, limos and lobster, I am definitely NOT your guy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

mer (13-06-13)

9. Default

Yep seems all a bit pricey to me. they really dont factor in the use of buckfast on these surveys...although thats gone up in price too!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gunter For This Useful Post:

Irish Lisa (14-06-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I'm cheap too... I think the most I've ever spent on a date was about £60 on a meal and a couple of drinks, and I thought that was pricey

Sorry ladies, if you want champagne, limos and lobster, I am definitely NOT your guy
    thats the spirit you dont need to spend thousands if she loves you she will not mind its the thought that counts and 60 quid is pricey lol only time ya spend a bit of money would be there birthday or Christmas the hell with valentines day a card with no money will do for that and if there not happy with that then its time to say goodbye and find somebody that appreciates you for who you are not your money you have a keeper Sam i hope them 60 quid dates tho are not too often or ya will be broke man

i dont ever want a relationship anyway
    Last edited by mer; 13-06-13 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post

Sam invites girls to Greggs

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ad Staff For This Useful Post:

40odd (13-06-13), La Toya (13-06-13), samlad (13-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Ad Staff View Post
    Sam invites girls to Greggs
    And if I think they are going to be keepers, I ask them if they want a chocolate éclair to go with it

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Brilliant

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:

dob (13-06-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast