Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiv in ireland doubled!

Default Hiv in ireland doubled!

Heard on the radio today that HIV has doubled in Ireland since 2008 for homosexual and bisexual men. Scary stuff! You can never be to safe in this day and age

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vincenoir View Post
    Heard on the radio today that HIV has doubled in Ireland since 2008 for homosexual and bisexual men. Scary stuff! You can never be to safe in this day and age
    What exactly does that mean? What are the actual statistics?

You are right of course, you can never be too careful. Always protect yourself and in doing so, you help to protect others that you are intimate with too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

kazmier (10-06-13)

Protection is your only man..Or dont be silly protect your willy..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kazmier For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (11-06-13)

Aids is always a rising figure and has been since established, unfortunately. I was alarmed recently when I heard a man in his mid 40s speaking about HIV. He was of the mindset that he only had 20/30 years left to live! He stated that modern Medicine would keep him alive for that period, even if he contracted HIV today. He concluded for that reason he "didn't give a bollox" if he caught HIV or not.

I found his views very worrying and I do wonder if others think alike.

Question to the op. why did you post this in the TS/TV section? Any particular reason?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious k For This Useful Post:

galema (14-06-13), zoozoozoo (11-06-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Aids is always a rising figure and has been since established, unfortunately. I was alarmed recently when I heard a man in his mid 40s speaking about HIV. He was of the mindset that he only had 20/30 years left to live! He stated that modern Medicine would keep him alive for that period, even if he contracted HIV today. He concluded for that reason he "didn't give a bollox" if he caught HIV or not.

I found his views very worrying and I do wonder if others think alike.

Question to the op. why did you post this in the TS/TV section? Any particular reason?
    I agree that is a crap attitude. Surely it should be about 'Quality of life' as well as life itself and I'm pretty damned sure that having HIV may be manageable, but do you have the same quality of life? A bit like a man who smokes, doesn't die, but has emphysema. Coughing up your guts every 5 minutes and not being able to catch your breath is no fun from what I have seen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (11-06-13)

[QUOTE=Curious k;1123719

Question to the op. why did you post this in the TS/TV section? Any particular reason?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's the homo or bisexual men.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to valeix For This Useful Post:

galema (14-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by valeix View Post
    I'd say it's the homo or bisexual men.
    The report (was based in Northern Ireland) and said that the biggest increase by far (ie the figures of HIV had doubled for gay and bisexual men and the figures of straight men contracting HIV were very low with little increase) So I thought this would be the most useful section to post it in. In fairness you have a point and I could have posted in the gay section but to be honest I never look at that section and like the threads on here and have been with TS esorts so it felt the most relevant to me . Being honest I didn't put a lot of thought into where I posted it or have any particular agenda or mean to aim it at this section in particular just was a little shocked by the increase in HIV in one sector of the community and thought people should be aware that's all. For me the bottom line is it reinforces the need for safe sex and the reality of the risks of all unprotected sex regardless of the genders involved

Reviews

One of the factors that this "study" fails to recognise is how many more gay and bisexual men admit to being gay or bisexual than during previous studies. As time advances and society becomes more tolerant, more and more of these men feel its safe to admit something that they would have kept a secret from people doing these polls (and even to themselves in some cases).

but its still alarming to see that HIV is still on the increase, in any sexual orientation or gender. Always play it safe.

14. Default

Well .as long as u use condom all the time .u will be fine .honey

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tv china doll View Post
    Well .as long as u use condom all the time .u will be fine .honey
    Ha hope you practice what you preach!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast