Thread: techie stuff

Red face techie stuff

lost my mifi thing

need to buy a new one tomorrow

but cud someone tell me what difference between these is

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/prod...iffType=prepay

which i had, which is grand can loose net alot more then when i use the stick

and

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/prod...iffType=prepay

yes i know price, but in terms of my usage which is better as there seems little difference
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

Reviews

Only real difference I can see Hun is that 1 of them comes with a charging dock and you can use and SD card in it and use it as a USB stick! And maybe the wifi might be stronger on it but I see the upload speed and download speed are pretty much the same ! So only difference is 1 can turn in a USB stick. I think go for the black 1 there might be more coverage with it as it might get signal better to your phone it laptop it's looks as the other 1 is only a lite 1. But I don't know
    Last edited by mer; 10-06-13 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Only real difference I can see Hun is that 1 of them comes with a charging dock and you can use and SD card in it and use it as a USB stick! And maybe the wifi might be stronger on it but I see the upload speed and download speed are pretty much the same ! So only difference is 1 can turn in a USB stick. I think go for the black 1 there might be more coverage with it as it might get signal better to your phone it laptop it's looks as the other 1 is only a lite 1. But I don't know

other one has charger too, so ur just really getting an sd card, wasnt sure if it was internal of something and more memory gave me better speed

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    other one has charger too, so ur just really getting an sd card, wasnt sure if it was internal of something and more memory gave me better speed
    I'd say go for the black 1 Hun it's also says something about wifi on it and it doesn't on the other. So it could be faster and stronger at connecting to your devices

ill get the black one, only thing that very handy about the white one, is u can plug it into the laptop via the usb to charge

the reason u sometimes have to switch on and off when it got hot or loose net,

or when u have only a plug, which weirdly can happen

a lame excuse, but when u in the bath and it goes like u have to get out, white one i just charge by via the laptop

small thing but creature of habbit

Reviews

ill get the black one, only thing that very handy about the white one, is u can plug it into the laptop via the usb to charge

a lame excuse, but when u in the bath and it goes like u have to get out, white one i just charge by via the laptop

Does it connect from USB wire to laptop or just plug in like a stick?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Does it connect from USB wire to laptop or just plug in like a stick?
    I've had the black modem beforehand and yes it has a usb connection to your laptop and use it at the same time as a wifi hotspot, speed wise there aren't any difference between the two, it all boils down to the coverage of the area

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurker For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (10-06-13), mer (10-06-13)