Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Default Depression

Anyon on here dealing with or dealt with depression?

I have been dealing with it for 4 years now, tried everything. I'm physically healthier than I have ever been I eat and exercise like a professional athlete. I have no idea how to shake it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jbull2 For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (09-06-13), Davidgolf (11-06-13), Sancho Panza (09-06-13), Sexy Fernanda (10-06-13), Sexy Sofie (18-06-13), Sweet Disposition (09-06-13), The D Man (10-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jbull2 View Post
    Anyon on here dealing with or dealt with depression?

I have been dealing with it for 4 years now, tried everything. I'm physically healthier than I have ever been I eat and exercise like a professional athlete. I have no idea how to shake it.
    there's no point in that. We're all fucked. . Just a matter of time.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile You're Not Alone

I have been dealing with various mental illnesses since I was eight years old, the main one being depression. My broken heart goes out to you, my friend.

If I were to give you advice, it would be the following:

1) If you have VHI or private health insurance, get yourself referred to someone at St Patrick's Hospital, Dublin

2) If you are in the public system, try to get the best care possible.

3) Be good to yourself and enjoy life as best you can.

Keep the chin up.

Sancho
    Last edited by Sancho Panza; 09-06-13 at 23:04.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sancho Panza For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (09-06-13), Cassandra (10-06-13), Davidgolf (11-06-13), hotasice20 (13-06-13), IamSimontemplar (11-06-13), Jbull2 (09-06-13), jmoore (10-06-13), Sexy Sofie (18-06-13), Sweet Disposition (09-06-13)

I have seen enough people, although they are professional about it I find them insulting to my intelligence

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jbull2 For This Useful Post:

Sancho Panza (09-06-13), Sexy Sofie (18-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jbull2 View Post
    I have seen enough people, although they are professional about it I find them insulting to my intelligence
    In what way do you find them insulting your intelligence ?
    Medication can be very helpful, even in the short term

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Sancho Panza (09-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    In what way do you find them insulting your intelligence ?
    Medication can be very helpful, even in the short term
    It was like I was a 12 year old beingasked questions about a dead pet. I was and still am aware of my own feelings and thoughts. They were trying to make me feel something that I wasn't and couldn't wait to prescribe new pills which made me feel worse. I ended up feeling a lot more frustrated after seeing them to be honest.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jbull2 For This Useful Post:

ana massage (11-06-13), Cable87 (10-06-13), Sancho Panza (09-06-13), Sexy Sofie (18-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Fair enough, Jbull2. I have experienced the best and the worst in this area of Irish healthcare. I personally find psychiatrists better than anyone else for long-term care. Moreover, I have been taking various medications since I was 18, and, in combination with the right therapy, I guarantee you that you will feel better as a result.

By my mid-twenties, I thought I had seen the worst of my illness. In 2008, however, I began a descent into hell the like of which I had could barely imagine. It did not reach its nadir until early 2010. I never thought I'd come out of it, but here I am, rejoicing at every day I have in this strange life and talking to you right now.

If ever you need to chat, just send me a PM. I know I sound like an arsehole most times, but my friends say they get used to it.

Keep on reaching for the rainbow, Jbull2.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sancho Panza For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (10-06-13), Cassandra (10-06-13), Davidgolf (11-06-13), hotasice20 (13-06-13), Jbull2 (09-06-13), Sexy Sofie (18-06-13), zoozoozoo (10-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

been suffering on and off since i can remember low self confidence etc just need to try and fight through it , lack of confidence with women really fucking frustrates me though

15. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

Sancho Panza (09-06-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celticden View Post
    been suffering on and off since i can remember low self confidence etc just need to try and fight through it , lack of confidence with women really fucking frustrates me though
    Celticden pretty much sums up my story too, low self esteem, low confidence. Not to mention all the shit that happens around you in life and you wonder what the fuck is the point. As sancho has said, feel free to pm any of us here man.
    Pain is not a feeling an emotion nor a thought, Pain is weakness leaving your body.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaygoodtimes For This Useful Post:

Sancho Panza (10-06-13)

as someone that works very closely with psychiatrists in my work they are very much hit and miss between a very good one and a very bad one, as hard as it may be try not to let some bad experiences affect you too much and continue to try and get more help elsewere, overall i suppose what i'm trying to say is there is really good psychiatrists so don't lose faith you'll find a good one.

also in response to a comment above about st. pats, i know a few ppl who work there too, really good care there.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jmoore For This Useful Post:

Sancho Panza (10-06-13)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast