Thread: Arrested Development on Netflix

Reviews

Default Arrested Development on Netflix

Am I the only one that had never heard of the comedy "Arrested Development" before it became a Netflix exclusive show?

I love my comedies from the Inbetweeners to the Big Bang Theory and thought I knew them all but this is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen in my opinion. I am just starting series 2 now and cant get enough of it.

Had anyone else heard about it before or is it just me and my sheltered little life?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by takemedrunkimhome View Post
    Am I the only one that had never heard of the comedy "Arrested Development" before it became a Netflix exclusive show?

I love my comedies from the Inbetweeners to the Big Bang Theory and thought I knew them all but this is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen in my opinion. I am just starting series 2 now and cant get enough of it.

Had anyone else heard about it before or is it just me and my sheltered little life?
    Maybe

I saw it first on tv3. Have the box sets. Watch out for the great Charlize Theron in season three

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I had netflix for awhile and there was some publicity about arrested development being made again for netflix, there was some media coverage and people talking about it, that's when I started watching it and only ever heard of it up until a month ago or so

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    I had netflix for awhile and there was some publicity about arrested development being made again for netflix, there was some media coverage and people talking about it, that's when I started watching it and only ever heard of it up until a month ago or so
    That's why it was cancelled, poor viewership. God damn it, people watching scutter rather than quality shows

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    That's why it was cancelled, poor viewership. God damn it, people watching scutter rather than quality shows
    But now with the format of netflix in that they don't really go by viewership but subs they can afford to resurrect old cancelled programs, because they aren't bound by primetime, competition, advertisments and viewership

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    But now with the format of netflix in that they don't really go by viewership but subs they can afford to resurrect old cancelled programs, because they aren't bound by primetime, competition, advertisments and viewership
    But when you are out in the country with rubbish broadband Netflix is as useful as a chocolate teapot

Heard of it a lot recently, but never found the time to watch it. If It's as good as you say, I may have to partake in the festivities.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Watched it all years ago. Very enjoyable fare.