Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Not in our name' – British Muslims denounce the Woolwich attack on Twitter

Default 'Not in our name' – British Muslims denounce the Woolwich attack on Twitter

‘Not in our name’ – British Muslims denounce the Woolwich attack on Twitter

The Muslim Council of Britain has denounced the Woolwich murder and has been joined by hundreds of Muslims who have taken to Twitter to voice disgust over the idea that Islam could have been be invoked in such a barbaric act.

Here are just some of the tweets. Please click the link at the bottom to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbiyah
    I can't tell you how sick I am of having to tweet every time that these are NOT Muslims. This is NOT Islam. These are f***** up barbarians
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran
    The horrific attack in Woolwich had nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with the scum who say they do this in the name of Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenan
    People killing in the name of God. This is NOT my #Islam at all. #woolwich
    Quote Originally Posted by Samy
    Those who commit acts of Terrorism under the name of my beautiful religion are not muslim in my eyes. They've failed the understand Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariq
    Proud to be Muslim, but I ain't hacking nobody's head off in the name of anything. That's the difference.
    Source: Click here

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

mikki99943 (23-05-13), samlad (23-05-13)

I did link this in the other thread, but figured it should have its own thread. Just a bit of food for thought.

Unfortunately Muslims are stereotyped far to often these days! They've had extremely bad press in the last 10/15 years and it will take a lot of work to change people's opinions. I personally wouldn't judge them as a whole! But there is rotten apples within very group!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious k For This Useful Post:

Lilian (23-05-13), toya (23-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Unfortunately Muslims are stereotyped far to often these days! They've had extremely bad press in the last 10/15 years and it will take a lot of work to change people's opinions. I personally wouldn't judge them as a whole! But there is rotten apples within very group!
    Exactly. People seem to have forgotten the crappy things that British people have done in the past. Mention the word "terrorist" and people lose it and start being abusive about the whole rather than the individuals.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Lilian (23-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Exactly. People seem to have forgotten the crappy things that British people have done in the past. Mention the word "terrorist" and people lose it and start being abusive about the whole rather than the individuals.
    Well that's just modern society for you. To many people suffer with tunnel vision and selective hearing!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious k For This Useful Post:

Lilian (23-05-13)

I was born in Britain and I do not have an ounce of patriotism whatsoever. Two things I hate in life are lazy bastards who want to live on benefits (and I know many people who are 'professionally unemployed') and narrow-minded morons that conform to these online hate groups by blanketing an entire culture with mass xenophobia because one or a small group of extremists murder people in the name of 'God'.

There is good and bad in everyone. For those people who have this 'send 'em back' attitude to anyone should take their own advice and go on some sort of exile, because it is people like this that give Britain this yobbo culture. It is also ironic for these 'patriots' to go on about 'sending them back' when in the history of this 'Great' British Empire, the Brits invaded half the friggin' globe

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Lilian (23-05-13), mikki99943 (23-05-13), toya (23-05-13)

The purpose of terrorist is to spread terror - how do you spread terror by killing one person and let bystanders have interviews and snapshots and let helpers unharmed ....
    This is was not a "terror" attack , not shure what it is mind me , confussion , extrem anger , exploding frustration ?!

I was really shocked by reactions of politicions and news reports jumping to the terror explanation so freely before any confirmed details where out !

Online the pot is boiling , payback for comitted crimes throughout centuries by the Oh so Great Britain , the spark for African Summer (equ. Arab Spring ) a.s.o. !

I just feel incredibly sad about 3 young mens lifes destroyed ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilian For This Useful Post:

justfrank44 (23-05-13)

Reviews

Three men's lives destroyed... two by choice, one a victim.

Destroyed by religion.
    Christianity is ghastly. Islam is foul.

The (allegedly) "Christian" West must be answerable for its exploits in the Middle East in the recent past....
    Those "of" the East should perhaps wonder why they are so fond of nations with which they have 1500 years of mistrust and hatred, and where there are major cultural differences and antagonisms.

There are good Christians. There are good Muslims.

Christianity is ghastly. Islam is foul.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vindictus For This Useful Post:

toya (23-05-13)

Abuse of religion to commit crimes is against any sound religion and moral system.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benslade View Post
    Abuse of religion to commit crimes is against any sound religion and moral system.
    Ah I see what you’re at now 🙄

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

WellDressed (27-02-24)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast