Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dail Debate 03/05/2013

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    It is not the answer I was looking for, thanks for the effort anyways...
    You didn't want to hear that I did research on the subject and that is how I know? Sorry to disappoint you xx Perhaps you would like me to put my submission on here, so you can read it for yourself. Would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    You didn't want to hear that I did research on the subject and that is how I know? Sorry to disappoint you xx Perhaps you would like me to put my submission on here, so you can read it for yourself. Would that help?
    I would actually love to see it myself ANYWAY (not to check your research )...don't see any reason for submissions to be confidential.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (20-04-13), dob (20-04-13)

Reviews

It is not the answer I was looking for, thanks for the effort anyways...
    I dont understand Rach? What is wrong with what Kate is saying? My little mind is confused

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPaul For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (20-04-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    I would actually love to see it myself ANYWAY (not to check your research )...don't see any reason for submissions to be confidential.
    Good idea, shame if good material wasn't put into the public forum, especially when all they get are lies exaggeration distortion and waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Mr Pringle was obviously put up to this move by Imigrant COuncil of Ireland. Why? Especially when there is a process in place by the minister mr shatter, and the oireachtas justice committee, which Pringle is not a member. My guess it is a bit of grandstanding by ici. Do they see the process slipping away or are they trying to shame the government into accepting the Pringle bill.

I think the government will reject the bill, as it isn't theirs and there is a process in place and committee members would be rightfully annoyed with this precipitous move by Pringle. But there will be a debate that will no doubt be full of lies and complete distortions which only very brave td s could speak against.

What to do?

1 Find some tds to speak against this bill using logic not bullshit
    2 make some kind of civilised protest at Leinster house on the day of the debate
    3 get some kind of client opinion into the media, countering the Rachel Moran type propaganda
    4 stop fighting among ourselves

Am I right in thinking ruhama are taking a back seat in the torl cabal with ici taking a leading role lately?
    Brilliant (except number 4 seems to be right up there with "get aliens to abduct TORL" in the do-ability stakes for some reason) especially protest...sorry ladies and lackies, but it has come down to that now...

If a few can make it I am sure there are none sex industry people who WOULD turn out to support us...we need that...need to get a facebook protest page up maybe?

I would offer to do this stuff but YOU KNOW I am social toxic waste and people poison - hmmm...maybe I would be more use working for TORL? Should manage to lose at least 20 of their "supporting orgs" in the first week just by introducing myself?

Seriously it is at the "now or never" stage.

If this law passes you have no perception of how bad things will get for sex workers...I KNOW we all have to keep the chin up and get on with it in life, but the reality is that whatever mental formula of denial laced with optimism you have ready to do just that *if* the law passes the truth is that it will change EVERYTHING for the worst and your incomes will take a nightmare hit...

...and if that isn't bad enough you will have to contend with me, in yer face, saying "I told you so".

Now is *NOT* the right time to kid yourself everything will be ok...trust me, it won't.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (20-04-13), Cassandra (20-04-13), Curvaceous Kate (20-04-13), dob (20-04-13), The Equalizer (20-04-13), the traveller (20-04-13)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    How do you know there is no coercing going on in Ireland on sex trade?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Mr Pringle was obviously put up to this move by Imigrant COuncil of Ireland. Why? Especially when there is a process in place by the minister mr shatter, and the oireachtas justice committee, which Pringle is not a member. My guess it is a bit of grandstanding by ici. Do they see the process slipping away or are they trying to shame the government into accepting the Pringle bill.

I think the government will reject the bill, as it isn't theirs and there is a process in place and committee members would be rightfully annoyed with this precipitous move by Pringle. But there will be a debate that will no doubt be full of lies and complete distortions which only very brave td s could speak against.

What to do?

2 make some kind of civilised protest at Leinster house on the day of the debate
    3 get some kind of client opinion into the media, countering the Rachel Moran type propaganda

Am I right in thinking ruhama are taking a back seat in the torl cabal with ici taking a leading role lately?
    Mr Pringle was obviously put up to this move by Imigrant COuncil of Ireland.

I believe you could be right on this one; this is possibly because a number of people who had subscribed to TORL’s propaganda have seen beyond TORL’s lies. Hence, the Immigrant Council of Ireland (who are behind TORL [and are also behind the recent “Real Men Don’t Buy Girls” Campaign]) need a “person of power” (such as a serving TD) to “apply pressure as needed”.
    Alternatively, this could be to attract support from a “niche sector” of the Electorate.

But there will be a debate that will no doubt be full of lies and complete distortions which only very brave td s could speak against.

No doubt the upcoming debate will be riddled with lies. Furthermore, Senators and TD’s who have spoken out against Swedish-style Legislation were castigated for their efforts (Fianna Fail’s Senator Mary White spoke against Swedish-style Legislation and was served with a gag-order on the matter. Independent TD Mick Wallace received the same treatment when he validly spoke in favour of legalizing/regulating the Sex Industry “for the good of all involved”). In addition, during the recent Joint Oireachtas Committee Consultation regarding the possible introduction of Swedish-style Legislation, anyone who spoke against Swedish-style Legislation was treated with utter contempt by the JOC, whilst those who advocated Swedish-style Legislation were afforded disproportionate opportunity to submit fabricated testimony which went unquestioned by the JOC.

What to do?

I have read and considered the bolden points above (the underlined bolden points in particular), and I have responses in relation to each of them. However, I will not elaborate in this regard on a public forum (for reasons which should not be too hard to figure out). If anyone is interested in finding out more, feel free to send me a PM.

Indeed Ruhama have been rather quiet in this regard as of late, and I am nearly 99.9% certain as to why this is. However, I will not elaborate on this either in the public forum (again, for reasons which should not be too hard to figure out). If anyone is interested in finding out more, feel free to send me a PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Equalizer For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (20-04-13), Cassandra (20-04-13), dob (20-04-13), LaBelleThatcher (20-04-13), the traveller (20-04-13)

I could ask Cassandra the same question as Kate s one.

I am sure ye can give a great answer other than I have been reading on the net ..stuff

Insults is the last resource when an argument can not be win. xx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    I'd be more than happy to, although I'm afraid the document seems to be too big to attach here. I'll ask Sam and see what he says about adding it some how.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

LaBelleThatcher (20-04-13)

Blog Entries

I could ask Cassandra the same question as Kate s one.

I am sure ye can give a great answer other than I have been reading on the net ..stuff

Insults is the last resource when an argument can not be win. xx
    With all due respect Rachel I didn't say that. I said that I had read both documents submitted by Ruhama and TORL and then investigated the true statistics, that were given to me via several sources and wrote my submission with the correct facts.

I don't really see why I need to supply you with my sources, as you are not going to be able to deal with this situation, which is why my submission was sent to the Committee.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast