Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead!"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    You know, there are a lot of mixed opinions on this one. She wasn't exactly the world's most popular person and most people in the UK hated her. I was only very young throughout her reign (and a baby when she was elected), so I will reserve judgement, but being from the North of England originally, I know that the coal mining and cotton industries were shattered, which accounted for the majority of the work force in the area.
    I know there was a lot of people affected adversely by some of her decisions. But I've seen Dictators, ones that killed millions of people get more respect than this lady has got in the last few days. And i can't see the point of people jumping on her grave now. It achieves nothing. And I'm not buying this freedom of speech baloney. She's dead now and her family are grieving and they have to read and hear all this rubbish. It's Disrespectful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to client101 For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (14-04-13)

She did spend the last few years with Alzheimers...think she has certainly had her share of bad days

Quote Originally Posted by helix747 View Post
    I know there was a lot of people affected adversely by some of her decisions. But I've seen Dictators, ones that killed millions of people get more respect than this lady has got in the last few days. And i can't see the point of people jumping on her grave now. It achieves nothing. And I'm not buying this freedom of speech baloney. She's dead now and her family are grieving and they have to read and hear all this rubbish. It's Disrespectful.
    I'm not justifying the behaviour, and I agree that dictators seemed to have had more respect, however that is the selfish nature of people, isn't it? If people are not directly affected by the nature of politics, they only state, "Oh what a shame" and move on. In this case, thousands lost their jobs, unions were destroyed and every household had to pay poll tax, so they will complain.
    Last edited by samlad; 12-04-13 at 16:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

LaBelleThatcher (12-04-13)

6. Default

I wonder if Enda will be remembered in the same light?

What about the people who have to read and hear about the Tories partying and denigrating them as they are made homeless, plunged into debt and forced to resort to foodbanks to survive?

The severely disabled people being forced onto work programmes they cannot even attend on pain of losing benefits? The 7 people a day who die after being refused disability benefits by Atos assessments?

Don't they deserve respect too? But they do not get it, nor any hope, nor even mercy.

As I understand it the Thatcher family are not close and there is serious doubt as to whether Carole or Mark (an arms dealer) will even come back to Britain for the funeral.
    Last edited by LaBelleThatcher; 12-04-13 at 16:10.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardtommy View Post
    she woz a cunt
    I'm out of here!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to client101 For This Useful Post:

samlad (12-04-13)

I'm out of here!!
    I just spat my tea all over the place!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

client101 (14-04-13)

This is funny shit!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

client101 (14-04-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I can't believe that rurari quinn a labour party td, someone who is meant to look after the working class, the labour party who are very much union people is going to be the representative at thatcher's funeral, it's just so wrong, so wrong.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

LaBelleThatcher (12-04-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    I can't believe that rurari quinn a labour party td, someone who is meant to look after the working class, the labour party who are very much union people is going to be the representative at thatcher's funeral, it's just so wrong, so wrong.
    Her darlint boy Cameron gave Quinn, Kenny & Co £7 billion to pay their bills not long ago, but the free meal is soon forgotten here isn't it?
    Mmmm-hmm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast