Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret thatcher dead

Reviews

The jcb song, the line goes " theres one of maggie thatcher the auld bitch and her knickers are hanging down"

Jay67

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Just to reply to point 2. Political status was given to IRA prisoners before Maggie Thatcher came on board. Because it was admitted that this was a political struggle. I am not an IRA sympathiser but this was the case and Maggie thatcher removed this political status. The hunger strikers died looking for political status to be reinstated. History since has confirmed that it was a legimate cause, so dont you trivalise it by saying they could have ate! They were obviously dedicated to the political struggle and Maggie Thatcher rode roughshod over their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz72 View Post
    I have been reading through the posts and i have to say there are quite a few idiots around let me point out a few things i found funny.
    1. Maggie was responsible for more deaths in this country then anyone else. False - correct answer IRA
    2. Maggie was responsible for the deaths of the hunger strikers. False - Correct answer is It was there own decision not to eat. They were given meals every day and choose not to eat them. If they had been good boys and ate there dinner they would probable still be around today.
    She was a politician not a Hari Krishna and some tough decisions to make while prime minister and im sure she stepped on a few toes.
    Just in case you are wondering i am born and bred Irish , i am proud to be Irish i just dont buy into all this bullshit that she was to blame for everything that happened in the north and the IRA were pure saints. It takes two to tango.
    I will finish up with a quote from Sir Alan Sugar that he tweeted yesterday and im sure it might apply to a few of the people making comments on this thread.

Some of the despicable scum tweeting foul mouth comments on my Baroness Thatcher tweet, were still drinking milk from a teat in the 80's
    Seek and you shall find!

Reviews

I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate: only love can do that.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

gaz72 (10-04-13), Nicole (10-04-13), very shy guy (09-04-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jay67 View Post
    The jcb song, the line goes " theres one of maggie thatcher the auld bitch and her knickers are hanging down"

Jay67
    No,it went ,something like,get up there Mrs Thatcher,the greatest of them all?,the curse of the Irish nation,Fine Gael and Finna Fail,you have put me on the dole,if I could get near you I would kick you up the ****.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

jay67 (09-04-13)

Reviews

I have been reading through the posts and i have to say there are quite a few idiots around let me point out a few things i found funny.
    1. Maggie was responsible for more deaths in this country then anyone else. False - correct answer IRA
    2. Maggie was responsible for the deaths of the hunger strikers. False - Correct answer is It was there own decision not to eat. They were given meals every day and choose not to eat them. If they had been good boys and ate there dinner they would probable still be around today.
    She was a politician not a Hari Krishna and some tough decisions to make while prime minister and im sure she stepped on a few toes.
    Just in case you are wondering i am born and bred Irish , i am proud to be Irish i just dont buy into all this bullshit that she was to blame for everything that happened in the north and the IRA were pure saints. It takes two to tango.
    I will finish up with a quote from Sir Alan Sugar that he tweeted yesterday and im sure it might apply to a few of the people making comments on this thread.

Some of the despicable scum tweeting foul mouth comments on my Baroness Thatcher tweet, were still drinking milk from a teat in the 80's
    Where was it stated that she caused more deaths than the IRA? I might have missed that post. What I did see written was that she destroyed more lives and I think the celebrations in britain will show that to be true.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (09-04-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    The pain and suffering she caused the people of the six counties should never be forgiven nor forgotten Sophie, all she did was prolong the conflict and was responsible for the loss of countless lives here because of her attitude.

I only wish she’d died in 1979 as she’d have spared a lot of people unimaginable torture and anguish, so no I have no feelings other than hatred and loathing for the woman.
    So the problems in the north should have stopped when she was out of the picture so and they didnt. Im not justifying her approach to the north as it should have being better but in all honesty in think any PM of UK wopuld have gone the same road as she did at the time. It was the way it was back then.

Westside.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

warmcome (10-04-13)

Blog Entries

So the nationalists were supposed to sit down and get walked on for good?

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by playthegame View Post
    To be honest she was a tyrant who took alot of jobs away from people who had nothing else and leaft them with no future and no money and totally disrespected the Hillsborough Disaster by accepting peoven lies by people who didn't want the police to be blamed for their utter disgrace in the aftermath
    And the present crowd arent tyrants. Look around the world ffs.

Westside.

I read that Thatcher's views on the Irish conflict came from Airey Neave, who was apparently a man who had no intention of having peace, he wanted subjugation.

Also read that when the INLA hit him, that probably helped the peace process in the long term, as he would always try and ruin it.

I am no expert on this subject, so feel free to knock me down LOL

Reviews

I for one remember Thatcher's era, and while there was almost always conflict on one way or another, it was certainly exciting to turn on the news. But in years to come she will still be remembered, either fondly or with hatred, by everyone. There is only one other British PM that goes in that category and his name is Churchill. While I hated Churchill's policy's towards Ireland during his term, he was still one of the greatest leaders any country has ever had.

I don't think Thatcher will be as fondly remembered as Churchill, but she will be remembered.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jizrag For This Useful Post:

thewren (10-04-13)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast