Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Hmmmm she was prob followed after he visit to Govenment buildings haha
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    No you can't. Rachels car was took off her, with a load of my shopping bag's in the boot. That was an expensive day.....

Reviews

how much is it for a nct test these days ?

Reviews

55 or thereabouts

Quote Originally Posted by truelad View Post
    how much is it for a nct test these days ?
    €55 and whatever it costs to get your car to pass.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Joe View Post
    €55 and whatever it costs to get your car to pass.
    Decided to get my timing belt + water pump changed before the NCT so it cost me a lot more than 55 quid.

But I wouldn't say it was part of the cost for my car to pass. I would have changed it even if the next NCT was 5 years away. Same as tyres, brake pads, etc., for me it's all just standard maintenance cost.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    I have a problem. My NCT is up the end of the month (March) but the nearest date I can get at the test centre is the end of May.

Can I still drive the car if I book the test even though the NCT has expired
    Technically no. Also your insurance wont be valid. Having said that, i was stopped by the garda when mine had expired.I showed them the text the NCT send u to confirm the booking, they were satisfied with that and let me go

Reviews

cant remember the last time my car had nct , it must be a new rule to take da car off ya with no nct

Reviews

Phone them & request an appointment within 28 days, if they cant provide an appointment within 28 days your test is free(I think you are allowed 2 postponements). They will fit you in within the 28 days, they don't like giving free appointments. The guards can take the car off you, but I think this is unlikely if the car is taxed, insured & well maintained, and you have a test booked.
    Last edited by longtipp; 19-03-13 at 17:10.

Reviews

The insurance validity argument is only valid if the car is unsafe & uncertified imo.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    I have a problem. My NCT is up the end of the month (March) but the nearest date I can get at the test centre is the end of May.

Can I still drive the car if I book the test even though the NCT has expired
    yes you can.
    once you make a booking they will send you a e mail and a text to your phone if you are stoped by the guards you just show them the text message that you are booked in and you will be alright.

it is not your falt the NCT center has a back log and you can not be held responcble for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast